“Fabulous Location but mixed up order took away the gloss !”

Windows Restaurant at Hotel d'Angleterre
Reserve with
Windows Restaurant at Hotel d'Angleterre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,716 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mont-Blanc
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Location but mixed up order took away the gloss !”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Windows is blessed with a wonderful view of Lake Geneva and we decided to have afternoon tea whilst on our short stay in August.
We ordered our tea - but then the wait began - I had to speak with the waitress who then apologized - our order had been given to another customer. Rather sad as our tea had already been served and was now rather tepid !.
When the sandwiches et al arrived they were rather good without being exceptional - and unfortunately the order mix up had rather taken the edge of what should have been a very pleasant experience. The cost was approx £ 40.
The location was the star of this particular dining experience !

• Visited August 2013
Jean-Vital D, General Manager at Windows Restaurant at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment regarding your recent experience at the Windows Restaurant.

Even if I was happy to read that you enjoyed our location and its unique views on the Jet d'Eau and the Mont-Blanc Mountains, I apologise for the mistake of my colleague failing to serve your favourite Tea in due time. This should not have happened and I am sorry it impacted the overall enjoyment of your Afternoon Tea.

Together with the restaurant team, we strive to serve the best Afternoons teas in Geneva, taking as an example our sister hotels in London.

I wish you will be back in Geneva soon, allowing me to greet you once again to check by yourself the improvement we made to our Afternoon Tea.

Kindest regards,

Jean-Vital Domézon

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
dallas
“Great Hotel but pittyful Restaurant”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at Hotel d'Angleterre for one night. Having to get up early to catch a flight back to the US, we decided to have dinner downstairs. While the hotel service, attention to detail and overall quality is tops the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. The Chef and the kitchen staff might be touted as culinary wonders (on the menu), but the quality of the preparation is far from wonderful and way-way overpriced. A Dover sole meuniere is one of my favorite dishes. I've had it around the world. The one my wife had here must have been one of the worse in the world. Insufficiently sauteed, floating in funny tasting butter...OMG. No garniture....Another guest ordered the foie gras as a main course. It came wrapped in chewy bacon pieces, which of course totally masks, if not destroys, the finer aspect of foie gras. Who would dare to let something akin leave a supposedly renowned kitchen? Shameful, especially given the pricing on the menu. Sevice was reasonably attententive but not "on point". The Hotel is great....Skip the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank dh2dallas
Dear Sir,

Giving the best experience to our client is so important to us that I was really sad to read that we did not managed to give you the same level of satisfaction at the hotel and at the restaurant.

At dinner time, our "Dover Sole" is prepared in front of you and the Meunière Sauce is poured by the waiter once your sole has been fileted. I will make sure my colleague are extra careful when it come to serving the Meuniere Butter.

Regarding the Duet of Foie Gras, the Foie Gras is prepared in two different ways : one is poached into a red mulled wine, giving the foie gras an enjoyable spicy taste. The other is wrapped into smoked duck breasts thin slices, giving a bit of their smoky taste to the Foie Gras. This dish is one of the best sellers of our restaurant and is regularly praised by our guests.

I hope you'll allow our Chef to convince you with his style of cuisine during your next trip to Geneva.

Warmest regards.

Jean-Vital Domézon
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“5 starts service and foods”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very proffesional staff and different selections of foods and drinks. But small place and doesn't have a terrace to enjoy the fresh air.

Visited August 2013
Nottingham
“Just try it, you won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I tried Windows on a visit to Geneva during Festival and once entering the restaurant I was amazed how much of a different atmosphere was there to the noisy fairground background that was outside. The cool air was a blessing in the August heat and I felt instantly welcome. The restaurant itself has a very cool and trendy atmosphere with gentle but rhythmic music taking your mind away to a place where you can simply enjoy the food. The service was impeccable, the whole team worked incredibly well together and their enjoyment and passion for customer satisfaction was brilliant. I chose the taster menu, Indian based cuisine as a special during the festival. Philippe Audonnet has an amazing talent for flavour, and each dish was different but excellent on the palette. I could not stop smiling as I ate each dish, complimented well by the wine that the Somellier recommended. It was expensive but I didn't think overpriced, especially for Geneva. And the staff could not be more helpful and were never intrusive. Please try it out, I can't imagine anyone regretting it.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food and service. Nothing too much trouble for the staff who took the time to explain the menu.
Worthy of Michelin star food. Not cheap but you can say that about all of Geneva.
Really enjoyed the meal. It was not only what we ordered that was great, but also the many little snacks and nibbles in between which made this a mmorable dinner.

• Visited July 2013