“Amazing food”

Windows Restaurant at Hotel d'Angleterre
Reserve with
Windows Restaurant at Hotel d'Angleterre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 1,791 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mont-Blanc
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food and service. Nothing too much trouble for the staff who took the time to explain the menu.
Worthy of Michelin star food. Not cheap but you can say that about all of Geneva.
Really enjoyed the meal. It was not only what we ordered that was great, but also the many little snacks and nibbles in between which made this a mmorable dinner.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent one night in Geneva and decided to have a gourmet day and try a couple of the best rated restaurants as a special treat. We had lunch at Windows and dinner at the Bayview. Both have lovely settings, truly excellent food, and all the trappings that come with it. However although the Bayview had the more technically complex food, overall we enjoyed Windows the most, and the reason for that was - the really great service. Like any fine dining place at this level the service was faultless. But usually the atmosphere is very reserved and dare I say a bit rarefied, which is a shame. However at Windows we were looked after by a great guy called Romy who talked about the dishes and the food and who you could actually have a conversation with and a laugh. So it made for a much more relaxed experience, which appeals to me and my other half much more.

The food was to die for. We both had the lobster bolognese to start. Lobster was perfectly cooked but the flavour hit from the "bolognese" was amazing. I could have happily eaten a bowl of just that for my main! My other half had fish for his main, which was beautifully done. However we agreed I got the best main, which was sweetbreads with morels, with red prawns with pistachio and rhubarb. It sounds an odd mix of flavour but trust me, it worked and the combination was sublime. I was swooning and the other half was green with envy. This really was a knock out dish.

As the starter and mains were so good we decided to go all out! We shared a cheese board that was delicious - lovely mix of Swiss and French cheeses (and I should add that the bread and butters were also Fab). Then for desert we shared a rhubarb souffle with a lemon grass heart - another fabulous dish that was devoured in seconds! Good coffee to finish too.

So, other than the expense (which is par for the course for a restaurant of this level in Geneva) everything about this meal was excellent, and one of the most enjoyable fine dining experiences I've had in a while. Highly highly recommended.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Fantastic service, great pallet cleansers and a lovely setting. Was a little surprised that they were out of veal escalope at 8 pm on a weekday. The person handing us the menus should have told us that right at the beginning before one makes up their mind to order it. A little strange for us but seemed pretty normal to them. Felt like a seafood centric place, so don't suggest you go there if you're not in the mood for fish. I thought it was a little over priced too, for what it was, but, that could have just been my dish. The chicken curry was nothing to write home about, but I was pretty sure after a few bites that it was the wrong thing to order here. The poppadum was half undercooked and half overcooked- which made it pretty obvious that the chef didn't know what he was doing with an Indian style dish.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

very nice view, excellent service, calm restaurant.
The daily "entire fish" proposed was grilled to perfection - we had the "bar". If you don't care spending 120.- for the main dish: go for it!
Amuse-bouches & service perfect as you would expect.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Our family (including our sons ages 10 & 14) stayed at this hotel and as our breakfast was included with our room rate we were lucky enough to enjoy the full breakfast each morning of our stay. The food was fresh, healthy and made to order- it was all delicious. I must say thank you to our server, Etienne who was excellent.

We also ate dinner there one evening. The dinner rolls are so good you'll be in danger of filling up on those alone!

I am vegetarian and there were several options.

We enjoyed everything with the exception of the hand chopped sirloin steak which was just ok. Restaurant is pricey but if you are in Geneva nothing is cheap!