Design Hotel F6
Swiss Luxury Apartments(Geneva)
$468
$435
Agoda.com
All reviewshuge tvtrain stationfree wificonvenience storemin walkcoffee machinefirst floorfitness roomgeneva priceswell located hotelrecommend this hotelpleasant hotelside streetfree travel cardfront desk staffcomfortable bedbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Modern almost swedish style hotel, even with good breakfast buffet. But wobbly bed that felt it would fall, and every time a guest washed or showered thought i was in the same room. thin walls, much noise, little sleep on floor four. My colleague in a different part of hotel was ok, although i had to call to make sure he got in from the train before the concierge closed in the evening. Much better hotels in geneva.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank combebelle
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Things were pretty much as advertised with the Design Hotel F6, though I don’t think it was amazingly good value. Like so many of these “design hotels” that are sprouting up everywhere, there is a little bit of a cheap feel to the place; the furniture and fittings (more in the rooms than in the common areas) aren’t all really of high quality, and the upkeep leaves something to be desired as well, so there was some noticeable wear and tear. Still, it was clean and my room was spacious, so in general I have no major complaints. The gym is surprisingly good - one of the big positive things about this hotel - and the Nespresso machine in the room is a nice touch (though capsule refills are not free). At least from the point of view of the facilities, I’m actually surprised that this hotel had only three stars – maybe it is because there was only a shower (i.e. no bathtub), or because of the mediocrity of the breakfast buffet? The staff were very friendly and nice, unlike most other hotels in Geneva.

Still, it was not cheap. I paid about CHF 200 per night for the room (including breakfast), which is more than I had paid at other hotels in Geneva in the past. However, in Geneva, you take what you can get – hotels are all chocker block months in advance, and everything is extremely expensive, so if you find a (relatively) decent deal you need to jump at it immediately. I could easily have paid twice what I did, and not got anything significantly better.

The one thing I really didn’t like about this hotel was that the security left something to be desired. The entrance is on the lower ground floor, from where you take a lift one floor to the reception - but you can simply skip that floor and go straight to the floors with the rooms, meaning anybody can just come off the street and access these floors. The neighbourhood isn’t dodgy, but, having lived in Geneva, I knew that there was much more crime than the Swiss like people to believe, so this made me a bit uncomfortable. Still, I stayed for several nights and everything was fine (I generally tend to be very careful about leaving things lying around in hotel rooms anyway). I would happily stay here again, though if there were better deals elsewhere I wouldn’t necessarily insist on it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank the_green_line
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here and were delighted with many of the amenities. The rooms are modern and provide lots of comfort and space. The rooms are very clean and the cleaning staff are polite. The breakfast has plenty of options to kick start your day. This is one of the best hotel gyms I have ever used. Plenty of dumbbells, free weights, and a bosu ball. The cardio equipment was also new and in great condition. The sauna and steam room are also a nice touch. When you are travelling for an extended amount of time it is nice to be able to workout in the convenience of your own hotel and not have to get a day pass from a local gym.

The ego comes from the front desk manager, Nicolas. We would have probably left and found another hotel if I hadn't booked a pre-pay rate. In all my years of travelling I have never come across something who is so arrogant. He provided my wife and I with wrong directions to the hotel (told us a right when it should have been a left) in an email. People make mistakes. Well, not Nicolas. When I told him we had trouble finding the hotel he laughed and said we must not have followed his directions. I explained that he had made a mistake in the email he sent with directions. He said this wasn't possible and even when I pulled up the email on my phone he just got quiet and did not acknowledge the fact a mistake was made. Later on that day I overheard another couple in the elevator talking about how cold Nicolas was to them during check-in.

Lucky for us and the rest of the hotel guests that Nicolas was leaving for vacation the next day. The rest of the staff were incredible and made up for the lack of professionalism Nicolas displayed.

I don't know if I would recommend this hotel. The hotel itself and staff, aside from Nicolas are great, but he puts such a negative atmosphere into your vacation.

Please don't take me as a person who routinely complains. I have over 100 TA posts and rarely do I give such harsh criticism.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Conciergecouple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel after a arduous 2 week trek of Mont Blanc. Very modern designed hotel with good sized rooms. Friendly staff and a ample breakfast supplied. Within walking distance of main rail station. In small side street and may be a little hard to locate.

Room Tip: Only drawback was that it is a little hard to find and is situated next door to a backpacker hostel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent hotel, well maintained, neat, good ambiance, courteous staff.... My personal recommendation to everyone to try it....

The most cost effective place to stay for a short trip (2-3 days). Very Quiet halls, breakfast is simply superb..

It is especially a good choice if you are on a business trip. There are umpteen restaurants around the place just 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and you would hardly find a disturbance..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business