“They even have free wifi for that price!”

Best Western Hotel Strasbourg
Ranked #63 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We were delighted to stay in this hotel. Clean and cosy rooms. Big comfortable beds. Nice shower. Free wifi in rooms. Friendly staff on the reception. Great location, very close to railway station, easy access to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Natalia V
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Strasbourg

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I am not one to EVER write reviews or complain, but with this experience I absolutely need to. Booked a room with friends for a long weekend with AMEX points. Typically this means you are even more of a valued customer, but this was not the case at Best Western Strasbourg. The amount of grief the front desk service put us through lasted a day and a half trying to figure out the point system, claiming we had to pay full price a full day after telling us the rooms were covered on points. One of the men even wrote the wrong date on our "free" travel cards, and we were nearly fined 100 francs while traveling on the train for his mistake. This experience has assured me I will never again stay at a Best Western, anywhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Erin S
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed for three nights in February 2014. The hotel is literally 2 minutes from the train station. We checked in before mid day and the room was very good. Breakfast was continental and very good with plenty of choice and well stocked right up till 10 AM. The room was very quiet with fantastic sound proofing from the double glazing, not that the area was particularly noisy anyway. Just to also add that the two guys on reception (apologies I can't recall their names) were excellent, they spoke fluent English and were really helpful, when we lost our free Geneva travel passes and issued us replacement cards.
Overall, if you don't mind not having a Lake view this hotel is ideal. being just 8 minutes by train from the airport, and 2 minutes from the rail station as well as just 5 minutes from the lake. We would definitely stay here again if in Geneva.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank macala
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Things are generally expensive in Geneva. The room rate is not cheap but comparatively speaking is quite reasonable given its excellent location. It's just across the street of the main train station and is close to other attractions too so can't ask for more. There are restaurants around the neighbourhood where you can always find something to feed you even late at night.

The room was fine for it's price. It's originally a rather dated hotel but Best Western refurbished it a bit so it's okay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChristinaAbba
Reviewed February 13, 2014

BW Hotel Strassbourg has the perfect location only steps away from the railway station and main street. Great staff. Lovely room, good working internet. Minibar but no alcoholic beverages. Rather expensive room rate and I would have expected better selection for breakfast - but the food was very tastefull.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Terje S
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I loved this hotel It was big standard, clean room and close to the main train station. I also really loved the modern bathroom. Breakfast wasn't very rich but just tasty. Location is amazing but it can be a bit dangerous at night. Staff was very friendly.They gave us internet connection and the tickets for the public transport in Geneva. I definitely will be back to this hotel when will be spending my time in Geneva again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rafael-israel18
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I went here in January 2014 and found the environment to be cozy and clean but was disappointed by the Internet since the signal was weak throughout my stay. Additionally, I as much as I liked the new and modern look of the bathroom the shower head wasn't working and I had to use the hand held. I think they should have offered me another room or a discount at least. The front desk task were pleasant but the couldn't fix my issues are suggested solutions so they failed. I rate this hotel 3/5. I would not stay here a second time unless all else was booked.

• Stayed: January 2014