Hotel President Wilson
$252
$235
MGallery
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

$421
$336
Agoda.com
$645
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslebanese restaurantglow barbayview restauranthermes toiletrieslake genevalake viewluxury hotelbeautiful hotelconcierge stafffantastic staybusiness triplac lemanold townroom ratenespresso machinevisit genevabusiness hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed two nights to go to a conference at the international conference centre. Great 15 minute walk in the morning past a lovely coffee shop (which i think was called le fix). Popped back to the hotel at lunch time for a swim and a chill by the pool which is perfect. plenty of shade and inflatable flamingos and sun hats for the ladies.loved the breakfast buffet (two options- continental or full monty with delicious hot options like american pancakes). My friend and I both took pool view rooms. Hers (123) had a terrace which was perfect for a drink before dinner. They had a function on one evening in the hotel bar so we tried the N'vy hotel bar - a 5 min walk away and that had a DJ and was great for dinner and cocktails. Felt very looked after, comfortable bed, windows that open and wonderful stay overall with delicious chocolates in the room on arrival. We seemed to be the happiest with our hotel of all our colleagues at the conference.It was an easy train ride from the airport (all trains head to Geneva and free if you collect a ticket in the baggage collection hall) and from the Geneva train station it was a bus ride (number 1) and about 4 stops. Geneva is super efficient and everything was on time.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
ManagementHPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sarah J,

We would like to thank you for your review after your experience at the President Wilson Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Geneva.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately I can no longer recommend, nor am I certain that I will stay myself at HPW, a hotel that I have stayed at many times over the years.

Crisp Swiss service is still to be expected, and the hotel has a particularly good bell staff out front. The reception area is modern unlike most traditionally European hotels along the lake, and their flower arrangements in the entry are some of the best in Geneva. The beds are wonderfully comfortable as are the sheets. The rooms have fairly thin walls and you can hear your neighbors.

The rooms are showing age and it is quite unacceptable for a 5-star hotel. Upon checking into the first room I was immediately disappointed. I was given a 2nd floor room overlooking the street and construction. The room had barely been cleaned and crumbs were on the floor. The carpet was filthy and stained in multiple places. I had to call the front desk due to noise from street construction (not the hotel's fault for the noise) and they promptly moved me to a higher floor, directly above the first one. The noise was slightly better but I was amazed that the carpets were again noticeably dirty and stained , to the extent I would not walk on them with bare feet. The air conditioner had a rattling issue at times, so I simply turned it off as the weather was nice. While many years ago their TV systems and TVs were advanced, they are quite poor now, too small, hard to use and not easy to position. The room does come with a handheld device meant to be used to help guests navigate around the local area and make free calls/Wi-Fi. Helpful to some I would imagine, but nothing you cannot do with a typical smartphone. As a repeat guest I was also surprised that a better positioned room was not given. Clearly they are not checking past guest records, whxih some of the better 5 star hotels in Geneva do.

The breakfast buffet is quite average for the price and for 5-star hotels along the lake. The main highlights are fresh juices and an egg station with chef.

The Bayview restaurant is the best in Geneva. However, I did not visit this time due to the selections on the tasting menu.

I hope the hotel cleans itself up, would love to return but there are simply too many other 5-star properties with superior rooms and locations closer to old town, and with more personalized service.

I traveled here on bueinss and met family for extended vacation. I put my mom up at the Beau Rivage and glad I did, I would have been embarrassed for her to stay in a room with such dirty carpets.

Room Tip: All front rooms are lakview, even if a side view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank srosenman
ManagementHPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
Be assured that your comments have been shared with the team.
We feel very sorry that your stay at the President Wilson Hotel did not meet your expectations nor reflect the usual standards and quality of services we provide to our guests.
We are very concerned about your feedback and we will be pleased to get in touch directly with you at your convenience in order to organize your future visit in Geneva and make your last experience forgettable.
Please feel free to contact us directly at guestservices@hotelpwilson.com
Hopefully, we will be able to welcome you back at the Hotel President Wilson during your next visit to Geneva.
Nicolas Tarevella

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this lovely property for five nights. I did my check inn using SPG app and requested an early check inn and late check out. Fredric from the front desk granted my wishes and more being an SPG platinum elite member. I was upgraded to a more larger room and being an SPG platinum was granted the choice of having a continental breakfast amount other options. I chose the breakfast option which didn’t disappoint. The spread was of a superior quality and more than adequate .the bus station was around the corner and very convenient. In addition to that the hotel provide you with free Geneva public transportation card. The room was extremely comfortable with a luxurious touch. The hotel exceeded my expectation in terms of service and SPG platinum membership recognition. I highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review after your experience at the President Wilson Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Geneva.

It is a pleasure to read that your experience exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed not only the localization of the hotel but also the service offered by our teams. Frederic will be very happy to know that he has contributed personnaly to make your stay memorable.

Executive Assistant Director

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Very pleasant staff and were happy to sort out issues on my bill very quickly and efficiently. The team and staff in my opinion have a massive % in your client satisfaction and this is a quality team of people.
Rooms are nice and spacious. Like the new touch technology 'anywhere during your stay' portable phone.
Will come again.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank SunSeekerwithkids
ManagementHPW, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and impressions about your stay on Trip Advisor.
We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and be sure that we will share your kind words to the entire team. Indeed, the most rewarding for us is when our guests are satisfied and feel like at home when staying in our hotel and we are constantly working on improving our service.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, we invite you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram in order to be informed of our latest news and offers.
With best regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We were at this hotel for a conference and it is well located with comfortable rooms, and especially comfortable beds! Great location with easy access on foot along the lake. the Breakfast and one meal we had were excellent.

A strong recommendation.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
ManagementHPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Mr. Stavros,