“Very comfortable stay in Geneva”

Hotel President Wilson
Ranked #9 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Zurich
“Very comfortable stay in Geneva”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is an extremely pleasant hotel at the shores of the lake with views of the Alps including Mont Blanc in the distance. The structure seems to date from the 1970s, although internally it s mildly modern chic with B&O TVs in the rooms, all in top notch condition. Notably are the restaurants and the bar, again with views of the lake and modern fire places to warm you up at a chilly winter day. The city center and the UN European headquarter are a short walk away. Staff is competent and extremely friendly. Using one of my Starwood suite night awards we were upgraded to a junior suite which as pleasant although not too big. All this comes at a price, but I will certainly book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book a lake-view room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DOSMPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment on Tripadvisor.

We are glad you appreciated the location of the Hotel President Wilson and the quality of the service. We will surely pass on your kind words to the staff.
The hotel is indeed known as the most modern of all the five stars hotels in Geneva.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in 2014.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed for four nights. The hotel has wonderful views of the lake, however, it is a good walk to the old town. There is a water shuttle to the other side of the lake, which I highly recommend. The rooms themselves are not very large, but they have everything you could possibly need, especially a very comfortable bed.

The hotel must send a fortune on flowers because they are everywhere and the displays are beautiful. All of our meeting lunches were by the pool and the food and service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DOSMPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your impressions about the Hotel President Wilson.

We are glad you appreciated your stay and enjoyed the view over the lake as well as the room and its amenities. Flowers are indeed a very important aspect of our decoration and our team of florists change the arrangements once a week in the whole hotel depending on the season and the athmosphere we want to create.
We will share your nice words with the staff of our Umami restaurant by the pool.

Should you wish to be updated on the latest news or happening, we invite you to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.¨

In the meantime, I remain,

Direction of Guest Relations
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

The attraction to the Hotel President Wilson (named after the 28th US President, 1913 - 1921) was its ringside Lac Geneva location, historical legacy (the League of Nations) and SPG hotels affiliation. We were very pleased from the start as we were given a lake-view room (per our request and rate category). The hotel staff were gracious, attentive and professional through-out. The daily Swiss breakfast was fit for a king, queen and/or diplomat with plenty of fresh breads, cheeses, fruits, eggs dishes and more great service. The hotel Concierge suggested we rent a car to drive (for 50 minute) to the ski village of Chamonix, France (home to the first Winter Olympic games, 1924). This adventure proved to be one of the highlights of our trip as we enjoyed walking around in the snow and seeing the sight of Mt. Blanc. Overall, we are very pleased with the Hotel President Wilson and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DOSMPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Tripadvisor and for recommending the Hotel President Wilson.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the location, the breakfast and the enthusiastic and efficient service provided, as high quality personalized service is a priority for us. We will share your kind words with our staff.

We are looking forward to make your next trip in Geneva as great and in the meantime if you wish to be updated on the latest news, we invite you to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Direction of Guest Relations
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I spent a recent long weekend at the President Wilson and it is a classy operation all around. We arrived on a morning flight and checked in. It was pretty early and the hotels were relatively full with the International Watch Fair, so our room wasn't ready yet. The told us that they would prioritize getting us room and would text us when it was available. We went out for coffee and soon enough the text came through. The room was normal sized (i.e., not typically European small), with a very comfortable king, flat screen, nice bathroom. I had only a couple of minor beefs. The safe was too small for my laptop, although it fit my wife's smaller one. The fridge was really more of a cooler. There was no way to make it cold enough. Every one of our interactions with the staff was met with Swiss efficiency and courtesy. Extra towels arrived within minutes, our breakfast ordered for 7:15 arrived within 60 seconds of the requested time. The guys at the concierge desk were patient with our questions, recommended a wonderful restaurant for dinner (La Tavola in the Vielle Ville), and helped us book a day trip to Chamonix that went off without a hitch. They were also just plain friendly, and seemed to appreciate hearing how much we enjoyed the restaurant they'd recommended.
The location is convenient to buses and great for walking. It's a pleasant walk to the main shopping street and to the Old Town. It's right on the lake, which is perfect for running or strolling. The street behind the hotel has a selection of shops and restaurants if you want to stay close by.
Overall I felt like we were treated like guests, not just customers. I'm not sure if I'll ever get back to Geneva, but if I do I know where I'll stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel President Wilson.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, your room and the Swiss efficienty and courtesy.
We do our best to provide a high quality personalized service in order to make the guests feel “home away from home”.

We will pass on your kind words to the concierges.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Geneva.

Cannes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very nice place, one of the best hotels in Geneve. If you have a choice, book a lake view room. take your time to discover the Spa. Breakfast is also rich and delicious.
The only thing that is problematic, it is not exactly in the downtown, though very easy attainable by taxi or lake shuttle (free). Will come back there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EugeneSH
DOSMPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor and for recommending the Hotel President Wilson.

We are happy you enjoyed the view on the lake and the alpes, the breakfast and the spa and we hope we can suprise you even more on your next trip to Geneva.

In the meantime, if you wish to be informed about our latest news and happenings, do not hesitate to follow President Wilson on Twitter and like our Facebook page.

Director of Guest Relations
Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have just returned from a short stay at the Hotel President Wilson Geneva where once again I have been really impressed with there newest innovation. It is their brand new Japanese Restaurant named UMAMI by Michelin Star Chef Michel Roth. You enter the restaurant through a small arcade of silver illuminated trees which opens out on the heated swimming pool fully covered in a wonderful window style canopy and immediately in from of you is the restaurant entirely within a wonderful gently lit marquee with views across Lake Geneva. The food is some of the best Japanese food I have ever tasted and a special attraction of the restaurant is that if you have a guest who is not so fond of Japanese food you can order other top class fare such Dover Sole, prime fillet steak etc.etc. This is a MUST visit next time you are in Geneva

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and especially our new restaurant Umami.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip to Geneva.

Director of Guest Relations
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The reason you'd want to stay here is service, just the right measure of professionalism, attentiveness and warmth. I arrived before check-in time and was told my room wasn't ready, but would I like to be called when it was? Not more than fifteen minutes later, my phone rang, I had been upgraded, my bags sent up, and would I like to stop at reception for my key at my leisure?

Later in the hallway, I casually asked a housekeeper what I needed to do to have my shoes shined. I had barely made my request, and a phone call was made, summoning not one but two attendants in the time it took me to walk back to my room. I think I could have had my shoe laces untied and shoes whisked off my feet if I hadn't done it myself.

Friends arrived on a very early flight to stay on my second day at the hotel. Again their room wasn't ready so I asked them to be shown to my room. They were escorted personally so they could rest and freshen up with more towels and toiletries delivered. Also a call made to the hotel after I had checked out about an item forgotten in my room was handled swiftly and professionally. Housekeeping, front desk, concierge and bar staff were all exemplary.

I was not alas staying in one of the legendary suites, so the rooms were comfortable but nothing exceptional compared to other business hotels. If I had one small remark, it would be that the hotel lacks a grand entrance to match its reputation. Walking out the door and looking at the garage selling tires across the street brings you back to earth.

That notwithstanding, if I am in Geneva again, I'd look here first.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DOSMPW, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback about the Hotel President Wilson. We are glad you appreciated the enthusiastic and efficient service provided by our staff as high quality personalized service is a priority for us. We will share your kind words with the concerned departments.
We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Geneva. In the meantime, if you wish to be informed about our latest news and happenings, feel free to follow President Wilson on Twitter and to like our Facebook page.