Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Swiss Luxury Apartments(Geneva)
Le Richemond, Geneve(Geneva)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,035 results
All reviewsle grillindoor poolview over the lakeroom servicejet d'eauamazing locationfitness centerlac lemanbusiness tripvery nice hotelrooms are spaciousold townfour seasonstrain stationfountainconciergeluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2011

No, not the song. The Kempinski. In Geneva. My room.
I don't want to bother you too long with a detailed description of the room, of how much I paid, of the service. No. Just have a look at the pictures I took. Unfortunately quite blurred.
Rainy weather in Geneva = Raindrops in my room (see pic)
Raindrops on the carpet = mould on the floor (see pic)
Cold temperature = no heating.
I was there for business reasons and stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. And imagine, Kempinski offered me an upgrade. I was informed about this upgrade on the my last evening. Not to mention that I came to the hotel that last evening very late...
Finally some facts about prices:
Roomrate: 350 sfr.
Drinks in the hotel club: 2 Vodka Tonic, 1 Carlsbergh beer (bootle).... 93 sfr (!).

Not recommendable. At all.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank BonnieClyde2024
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for selecting the Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. We appreciate your valuable time to drop us a few lines regarding your experience.
Please do not hesitate to share additional comments, this will definitely assist us to identify all aspects that we need to improve to deliver an uncompromising service during your future visits.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for having a disappointing incident with your room. We have asked the technical department to intervene immediately to fix this unexpected problem . We entirely understand your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologise that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I spend about 80 nights a year in hotels all over the world. My overall impression of the Kempinski is that it is not just a good hotel. It is one of the GREAT hotels. Lots of nice little detail touches in the room, a great gym and an atmospheric bar and restaurant. Very good location in an area full of restaurants and bars and a nice location for a brisk morning walk as well. I found the staff very helpful and knowledgeable. It has that atmosphere of competence, professionalism and "something special" that marks out the great hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations.

Our commitment is to provide the highest level of service possible and your invaluable comments help us to reach our goals and serve as encouragement to our staff. I am very glad that you have liked our renovated rooms, bar, restaurant and our Fitness centre.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you on your next visit to the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I arrived having made a booking some weeks before to find the hotel was full. The manager was called and after 15 minutes they found a room.

Despite this the room was nicely laid out and well finished. Complimentary chocolates and and iPod ready AV system were nice touches.

Location is nice, on the lake, and if you're a car fan you'll enjoy the exotic collection outside from the more affluent guests. There's some shops nearby, a co-op, if you don't want to use the mini bar.

I found all members of staff to be courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: It's often full, checking in late seems to get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent visit to Geneva. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and liked our high technology equipped renovated rooms. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of service possible and your invaluable comments will help us reach our goals and serve as encouragement to our staff. I am truly delighted that we have met your expectations.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2011

2night october12 and 13.

it is was not my first stay in this hotel. but next time i wont be staying there. i had a personal issue with room service.

it is a good hotel at a good location. the room are good for Geneva business travelers. the internet was free compare to my last year visit to the hotel.

i used the business center 4am and it was open and a lady was there to fill the printer with paper when i needed it.

i loved the complementary swiss chocolates in rooms.

now, the things i didnt like:

no alarm clock in the room or radio alarm clock - the reception did offer a wake up call when i checked in.

no complementary water kettle to make tea or coffee. i usually see it in in every 5star business hotel i stay in.

while i was standing at the reception for check in, i could hear the receptionist standing next to me say the rate of the guest next to me out loud, which made me feel bad about it, knowing i have paid the double rate he did. it was not a good start.

-- my personal issue i had was with room service: i have complained about it and i didnt get any answer from them. the problem was i needed to eat something because i needed to take my medicine. i called room service and ordered something simple to eat(a burger) around 8pm. i have given my room number and repeated it couple of times(because he kept asking it) and spelled my last name to the person who answered the phone. after two hours, yes two hours, i call back and ask why i didnt get my order. the guy just said we got the wrong room number, blaming me for it?!!, although i have repeated the room number couple of times and spelled my last name and reminded him about it(he was the same guy who took my order in the first place). after an argument, which should not happen even if it was my fault, i asked can i have my order? to my shock!! with careless attitude, he said he will get me something else, without saying anything about what is it, just something else. i got angry and said i just want my order. we had another argument that ended with me canceling the order. just to end this pointless argument of i just want my order not something else. so i walked to mcdanolds next to the train station around 10:30pm. , i complained to the reception about it and didnt get answer and i complained about it also when i checkout and the reception wrote a note about it and still didnt get any answer about it or at least we hope you have better time next time you stay with us.

i travel alot for business. i stayed in alot of hotels, but this is the first time something like this happen to me with room service. i understand if the order got mixed up, missing something, wrong room number, but have an argument about my order and they will make something else, is a first to me.

this is my last visit to this hotel. no one needs drama with room service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank travelsmiles2011
LavalleyT, General Manager at Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Thank you for selecting the Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. We appreciate your positive comments in regards to our location, rooms and business centre.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apology for having a disappointing experience with our room service. After conducting some research we have identified the problem and taken the necessary measures. Please rest assured that we will not allow this inappropriate experience to happen again, as this does not reflect our philosophy nor culture.

For your next stay with us please do not hesitate to contact our front office or guest relations manager to request a kettle with full tea and coffee setup as well as an alarm clock to be placed in your room prior to your arrival.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you personally on your next visit to The Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva.

Kindly accept our apologies once more.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I've been going to this hotel since it was a Noga Hilton, for the last 10 years.the crew didn't change much, the guys in the reception , many are portuguese , are very good, very professional. The bar has a wonderful vew of the lake. The rooms are much better now after the taking over by Kempinski. Excelent breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank paulus70

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Kempinski during your recent stay in Geneva. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit with us and that we met your expectations. I am truly delighted that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
Our commitment is to provide the highest level of service possible and your invaluable comments help us to reach our goals and serve as encouragement to our staff who are very loyal and committed.