“OK, disappointing service”
Review of Pasta Prima

Pasta Prima
Reserve with
Pasta Prima is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,069 of 1,705 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Cornavin
Seattle, Washington
“OK, disappointing service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Some of my family enjoyed this place but I was very disappointed. The food was decent and for a family with kids, the concept is great (create your own pasta dish - pick your pasta, your sauce, and any toppings).

Two things irked me about the service. Everyone in my family ordered entrees, and then I ordered last, and asked for two appetizers for the table (plus my entree). The waiter said he couldn't enter an appetizer without erasing everyone else's order and starting over. So no appetizers for us. Bizarre.

Then we ordered ice cream for dessert. All of them were from the standard Movenpick menu prevalent throughout Switzerland. I asked for one of the pre-set sundaes, but wanted to swap in a different flavor. I was told I couldn't do that (though the waiter himself went to scoop the ice cream not four feet away from us and could easily have done it, even if it was a higher cost). But then, to top it off, he brought my son's sundae (two scoops with gummy bears) and gave it to him saying "sorry, we're out of gummy bears" and walked away - despite the fact that the gummy bears was the main reason my son chose that sundae. Why is it that a guest can't change his order, but the waiter can decide to change a guest's? Petty of me perhaps, but I found it disappointing.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Being ignored”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The location is good. I had mediterenian pasta. The souxe was good. The Pene pasta was a bit hard. My son took 4 chees pasta, which was OK. The issue is we were ignored by the waiters. A bad feeling.

• Visited August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Good food, good price”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very tasty food (especially the home made tomato sauce!) and good service. The prices are - for Geneva - relatively low (the cheapest plate of pasta + a soda/water is about 20 CHF).

• Visited July 2013
Swiss Alps
“Left before ordering as service was so offensive.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant after being recommended it by a friend who is also a professional chef. I liked the outdoor terrace and that you can order between lunch and dinner, rare in Switzerland for anything other than snacks or fast food.

I was served on the terrace by a middle aged woman who was very unhelpful, to the point of rudeness. I am bilingual and asked her in French what kind of wine they had by the glass and she answered 'red or white', so I asked if there was a choice or only one red or white wine available. She said there was a choice but wouldn't tell me what the choices were, because in her words 'I don't drink wine, and they are all 'vin ordinaire' (table wines) anyway so it doesn't matter.' She then turned her back on me before I could order the pasta, and picked up a napkin from another table setting and proceeded to blow her nose loudly on it. I was so disgusted by her behaviour and the lack of care about what they sell that I got up and left, while another person who had just sat down next to me started laughing at the whole surreal conversation before leaving himself. I would have like to be able to review the food but I refuse to be treated so poorly, and I had lost my appetite anyway when she emptied her nose in front of the whole terrace. I'm used to indifferent service in this country but this was just ridiculous.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank adamr63
Ripon, California
“Good pasta, prices and location”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you find restaurant prices hard on your budget in Geneva, try a great pasta dinner at Pasta Prima. It is just a short walk down Rue du Mont-Blanc from the Gare, past Starbucks. It is a little hard to find, and the main seating area is upstairs, but don't let that dissuade you. The spaghetti specials are delicious, and only 15CHF. The dining area upstairs is clean and pleasant, with friendly service.

• Visited May 2013