“Luxurious but pricey”

Le Richemond, Geneve
Ranked #6 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed March 17, 2014

No complaints for a one night business trip. Great location, attentive service, nice touches such as bedtime truffles....but at > CHF 500 I found it hard to justify. I have since been informed that their was a motor show on but I take exception to hotels which elevate prices so sharply during peak times.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

The sacred formula "all is luxury, tranquility and pleasure" may apply to your review and I would like to thank you for your comments.

On the other hand, I inform you that we have different types of rooms and rates. When the demand is high, which is the case of the Moto Show, our cheapest room categories are sold well in advance and so limiting your choice.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet your room request and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from a long ‘Valentines’ weekend at Le Richemond in Geneva Switzerland. At first glance the hotel blends in with the many neighboring hotels in the area but only till you step inside. Here the breathtaking décor of a large grand staircase, beautiful flower displays and the friendly staff set this hotel above the rest.

The friendly staff that’s energy and smiles remained for the duration of our stay. We were upgraded to a lake front room without prompting which made us feel extra special. The views of the terrace were simply amazing. The location is quiet but within walking distance to many shops, cafés and restaurants.

The room was beautiful and we were surprised by a personal note from the manager along with special amenities. The oversized marble bath and heated towel rack were simply wonderful.

Valentine’s Day we were surprised by a heart shaped decorated tray of strawberry’s and chocolate (my favorite) and champagne. The room was cleaned twice a day always with a new amenity and water free of charge. The blackout room shades were wonderful for the occasional morning of sleeping in.

We joined the in house restaurant in the mornings for breakfast and had one dinner there. All the staff seemed to go out of their way to make sure us feel welcomed. We ordered room service our last morning there due to an early flight home and it was again….amazing. The room service staff were by far the most genuinely friendly staff I have met in any hotel.

We enjoyed our time there and hope to return again in the future.

Room Tip: The lake front views are worth fighting for....
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guests,

Your review on your Valentine’s weekend at Le Richemond has been shared enthusiastically with the team. I am delighted that you had such a good time with us and felt “extra special”.

The ideal location of the hotel, the beautiful room with a view on the lake, the exclusive restaurant Le Jardin together with a welcoming team, as you noted, will make you return and I hope to surprise you again.

Thank you for the compliments and for taking the time to tell us all about it on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Beautiful property and warm hearted staff welcomed us. The view is breathtaking from our room.
My mother in law room was upgraded to suite and she was really really happy and comforted as her husband just passed away about a month ago. There are many little details that make this hotel an excellent place ..the welcoming delicious chocolates and biscuits, spacious and comfortable room, the bathroom and most of all the friendly staff and their services level moved my husband & I. The hotel is decorated with beautiful fresh flowers everywhere and we looked forward to our breakfast every morning as there were plenty of variety of food.
We will definitely come back .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Celine2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to extend my sincere condolences to you and your family.
Thank you for letting me know that you had such an excellent stay with us and that our staff members have taken a very good care of you.
Your remarks on the service are greatly appreciated as well as your special attention to the daily amenities, the fresh flowers and the delightful breakfasts.

We all look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Good location at the bank of Geneve lake. Good breakfast. Friendly staff especially reception and doormen. One comment: TV channels were quite boring. Bathroom did not have toothbrush and paste set. Really liked welcome note and piece of chocolate car on top of biscuit road as it was a week of Geneva Auto Show.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Richemond. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed the perfect location of the hotel.
It will be a pleasure to have all your preferences on your next visit, either for any additional TV channels or for any amenities you specially like. We will also provide you with a dental kit which is available for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I didnt see that much of the hotel as I only stayed for one night at the Le Richemond on business and I picked the hotel as I have always had had good experiences with Dorchester Collection. What really impressed me was the staff, I found the service level incredibly high and friendly! Breakfast was very good as well. I stayed in a Deluxe Room which had a comfortable king bed. The bathroom was marble with a tub/rain shower combined and okay size. The free internet was pretty slow but you can upgrade at a cost ( why is it not just free? ). The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport in taxi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to Dorchester Collection hotels and for your recent stay at Le Richemond. Your comments on TripAdvisor have been duly shared with the team who made such a great impression on you.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of one of our Deluxe Rooms and the Carrara marble bathroom. And your mention of the breakfast is important as we strive to make it healthy and delicious.

As for Internet, I am glad that you point this out as we have now improved the free connection.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back here.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was in Geneva on business and picked Le Richemond on the advice of a colleague. It was a 15-20 min cab ride from the airport and very centrally located. The service at the hotel was excellent, the staff were all extremely helpful and polite. The room was very spacious and comfortable with L'Occitane products in the bathroom which was a nice touch. Breakfast was good with a wide selection to choose from. I was only there for one night so didn't get to use the full hotel facilities but will certainly plan on staying at Le Richemond again on future trips to Geneva.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Stuart O
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at Le Richemond and your friend's recommendation.

Your comments are most welcome and it is a pleasure to share them with the staff who highly contributed to your excellent stay.

I hope that you will have another opportunity to return soon again in order to make you discover the other hotel facilities such as Le Spa or restaurant Le Jardin.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The service was outstanding. From valet service to reception and breakfast we were spoiled by everyone. The room was spacious and the bathroom huge and we had a beautiful look at the lake and the mountains. Breakfast offered a huge variety of food and the Birchermüsli was one of the best we tasted. Excellent experience - we will certainly return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brigittep37
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Guests,

I wish you a happy new year 2014.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your visit to Le Richemond last December.

Your comments are highly appreciated and I have duly shared them with the staff who played such an important part in delivering an "outstanding service" during your stay with us, as you quote.

As for the food, our Chef's secret is to use the best products from local producers in order to provide an excellent customer experience either for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed so much the location of the hotel near the lake and peaceful Brunswick Garden and look forward to your return visit.