Le Richemond, Geneve
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Swiss Luxury Apartments(Geneva)
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva(Geneva)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
  • Room Service
All reviewsle richmonddorchester collectionwhite marbledorchester grouproom serviceperfect locationspacious bathroomfive star hotelsuperb hotelview of the lakean upgradesmall balconyhotel restaurantlake genevaexecutive roomother hotelsold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let's accept that it's expensive. All hotels in Geneva are expensive, and this is a top end one.
I believe (reading other reviews) I had one of the increasing number of refurbished rooms. It felt quietly luxurious and more importantly for me, it felt luxuriously quiet. Heavy fittings/curtains/carpets, zillions of thick towels - the room wasn't huge but everything was there and in the right place. (For example, the minibar was hidden in cupboards, not intrusively trying to get you to accidentally consume expensive stuff.)
So I'd read the other reviews and everyone says "great service" - but what does that really mean? I do agree, for example: concierge picks up the phone within 1 ring even when you ring at a busy time. Late checkout was courteously agreed without haggling over the time. Housekeeping managed to tidy the bathroom without imposing their views of which toiletries must go where. And the waiting staff have a special code for who is drinking sparkling water and who is drinking still. (You'll need to go there to find that one out).
One thing I would warn you about, only about a quarter of the rooms face over the garden/lake. So if when you are booking the hotel this is important for you, ask for it and pay extra if you need to. I think it would make a big difference to the experience - I had a back-facing room and I think I did lose out on some of the Geneva magic. But I was there on a conference package so I can't complain about that.
Oh finally it is easy to get there from the airport by train to Geneva Central. The airport give you free train tickets and so does the hotel and the trains are very frequent. The hotel is maybe 7 mins walk with a wheeled suitcase from the station platforms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We have shared them with all the staff as they contribute to a “great service” as you mention.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the perfect location of the hotel ideally at a walking distance of Lake Leman, the city shopping & business centre, places if interest and the Old Town. Even the mountains seem nearby...

I wish to point out that we propose different room categories, all equipped with the utmost comfort, either overlooking the inside, or with a view on the city, or on the Lake and Brunswick Garden, available for our guests depending of their preferences.

We shall be very happy to welcome you back for another memorable experience and look forward to hearing from you.

I remain with kind regards

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived at 11am and were happy to discover that our room was ready for us. A lovely spacious suite with views over the Jardin Brunswick and partial views of Lac Léman. Hotel is nicely situated just off the Quai de Mont Blanc and 10 minutes-walk across the bridge to the main central eating and shopping areas of Geneva. The room itself was spotlessly clean with all the amenities one expects of a top level hotel (nespresso coffee machine, TV in bathroom and huge double walk-in shower etc.) If possible, ask for a room facing the gardens and lake.

What really set our stay at Le Richemond apart was the exceptional levels of service we encountered. All staff were not only courteous but friendly and went above and beyond the call to answer any queries we had and make arrangements for us. Special recognition to Vivien and Christophe who epitomised the hotel’s ‘can-do’ approach. Lovely experience overall – I will be returning to Le Richemond. The only suggestion I have is to waive the costly CHF35 daily wi-fi charge, which should be included in the package rate for a hotel of this calibre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Jardin Brunswick with partial views of Lac Léman
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Le Richemond. We will inform the team who has contributed to making your stay a memorable one, as noted in your review "exceptional".

I am pleased that you enjoyed the unique location of the hotel, one of our Suites with a spectacular view of Lac Léman and Jardin Brunswick.

In relation to Internet, I would like to inform you that the matter is now under consideration in our group. They will come up shortly with the very best solution for our guests. It is planned to have a free connection with regular speed Internet and high speed at a favourable rate.

We all look forward to your return visit in our legendary Le Richemond and I remain with kind regards

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a great Hotel, although we had a back facing room, it was very quiet with full shutters, so the early morning light did not wake us. We stopped for 3 nights, on the 1st day we had lunch on the terrace in the sun, which was very good. We only had breakfast their once as we joined business colleagues at the Kempinksi nearby on the other days. The Richemond breakfast was superior, although the day we had it they were very short staffed, Room and bathroom excellent. When you are paying room rates of this level you expect free wi-fi, they wanted to charge 35 Swiss francs as day!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you on a business trip in May and I would like to thank you for having chosen Le Richemond.

I am very grateful to you that you have taken the time to tell us all about.

You enjoyed particularly the utmost comfort of the room and the spacious bathroom as well as Restaurant Le Jardin,its legendary terrace, and last but not least our new Mediterranean cuisine.

I am pleased that you mention Internet, as this matter is under consideration in our group and they will come up shortly with the very best solution for our guests. .

Looking forward to your return visit to show you our improvements, I remain with kind regards

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

With so many options in Geneve for top end hotels, it is tough for hotels to stand apart. Le Richemond manages to stay near the top of the list by offering top level service. Location just iff the lake offers the advantages of a central location without the noise.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Sa3dy
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to speak glowingly about your recent stay at Le Richemond Genève and its unique location.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the impeccable service provided by a dedicated team.

You are most welcome to visit us soon again either for pleasure or business and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The room was beautiful, though very small. I understand this is common for Geneva, but it was still small and narrow. That being said, I would stay here again. Why? Service. Service.

I arrived at 7am. Received a room immediately. wow! no extra charge. The hotel is lovely location in front of the lake and you only have to cross a bridge to be right in the thick of the business district. the first day I walked to "old" geneva with no problem. The hotel provided free umbrellas. I returned and found that my suitcase was unpacked! Each day the room was cleaned twice and extra water was left free of charge (this is big to me, as I go through a LOT of water). The room has great blackout shades. great for jetlagged naps.

I was here on business and worked a lot from my room and required a lot of coffee due to jet lag. of course, this is a charge, but twice room service brought me coffee (and beautiful cookies) without charge me because it was "off" times and they said it wasn't any trouble. wow!

My one complaint would be the 'business center". There is not one. seriously. there is a small room with a pathetic printer that will only let you print six pages at a time. Again, though, service shown through. the front desk woman told me to email the document to her, she printed it within ten minutes and brought it to my room.

The location is "removed" so it is quiet, but it is within easy walking distance of everywhere. I saw lovely tulips on the bank, the "fountain" and had quaint restaurants within easy walking distance. Three blocks back, though, I think I stumbled on the sex trade district. I was traveling alone and felt unsafe (only place I did), so quickly turned around. I would not choose not to stay here because of this, though.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
KKabelitz, General Manager at Le Richemond, Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at Le Richemond on your business trip and to hear your feedback which I value greatly.

The hotel, a legendary place in Geneva, has a long history of service and tradition and I am glad you had a taste of it during your stay.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed so much one of our beautiful rooms and look forward to surprise you with a different one on your return visit.

In addition, I would like to inform you that we have planned a business centre in our next renovation program of the public areas this year.

Thank you very much for your very kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.