I'm glad to say this is my second visit this year to this lovely hotel and things are most certainly on the up. We were fortunate enough to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms. The colour scheme is a very tasteful grey and cream, with the same stunning bathrooms (really as good as I have seen in any hotel). It is very reassuring to see that this beautiful hotel is beginning to get the makeover it so richly deserves. The views of the lake are unbeatable, unlike the other hotels it is at an angle to the lake which provides an interesting and unique perspective to the mountains and the gardens below with the little Hansel and Gretl cottage.
The service is impeccable, like all great service your wish is anticipated before you have said it, sometime before you have even thought of it. Finally the cocktail bar needs to be praised. The decor may be a little bright for some tastes, but the expertise of the staff is second to none. You may think that a vodka martini is simple to mix, think again, getting it right is an art and these guys have got it right to the point of perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of Lake Geneva, by the famous Jet d'Eau, Le Richemond is at the heart of a city known for its style and grace. Le Richemond is ideally located at the heart of the city, a few minutes by walk from the main train station and 15 minutes by car from the International Airport. Just over the bridge, on the rive gauche, guests can discover the old city and the Cathedral Saint-Pierre, the museums district and the luxury boutiques of the Rue du Rhône. The iconic five-star hotel is celebrating this year 140 years of history. In 1875, the hotel was a small family hotel with only 25 beds owned by Adolphe-Rodolphe Armleder. For over a century, Le Richemond has welcomed distinguished guests, from Hollywood icons and artists to international dignitaries and authors, all enjoying the unique cosmopolitan atmosphere and alpine scenery. The clientele has included some of the greatest names of the 20th century - from Charlie Chaplin and Louis Armstrong to Sophia Loren, Rita Hayworth and Marc Chagall. Renovated in 2007, Le Richemond has been decorated in a contemporary style with a strong emphasis on comfort, elegance and state-of-the-art facilities. Le Richemond features 109 rooms including 22 suites with a lake or courtyard view. Signature suites are spacious with luxurious marble bathrooms and offer breathtaking views on the Brunswick Gardens and snow-capped Mont-Blanc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva