I have been coming to the Richemond for many years and I always liked the hotel very much until some years ago the service really deteriorated. Now, renovated some time ago, but more importantly under the new management of the Dorchester group, the hotel is again one of the finest in Geneva. The service is very personalised and efficient. There is also again some pleasure in the communication and not anymore the dull formality. The spa is great, while the breakfast is top quality with an intelligent choice of very fresh dishes. In summer, the restaurant terrace on the square is always a great pleasure, especically for lunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of Lake Geneva, by the famous Jet d'Eau, Le Richemond is at the heart of a city known for its style and grace. Le Richemond is ideally located at the heart of the city, a few minutes by walk from the main train station and 15 minutes by car from the International Airport. Just over the bridge, on the rive gauche, guests can discover the old city and the Cathedral Saint-Pierre, the museums district and the luxury boutiques of the Rue du Rhône. The iconic five-star hotel is celebrating this year 140 years of history. In 1875, the hotel was a small family hotel with only 25 beds owned by Adolphe-Rodolphe Armleder. For over a century, Le Richemond has welcomed distinguished guests, from Hollywood icons and artists to international dignitaries and authors, all enjoying the unique cosmopolitan atmosphere and alpine scenery. The clientele has included some of the greatest names of the 20th century - from Charlie Chaplin and Louis Armstrong to Sophia Loren, Rita Hayworth and Marc Chagall. Renovated in 2007, Le Richemond has been decorated in a contemporary style with a strong emphasis on comfort, elegance and state-of-the-art facilities. Le Richemond features 109 rooms including 22 suites with a lake or courtyard view. Signature suites are spacious with luxurious marble bathrooms and offer breathtaking views on the Brunswick Gardens and snow-capped Mont-Blanc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva