We came over to Geneva for a long weekend. We had a wonderful stay at le Richemond. The service, courtesy and professionalism of the staff were perfect. Le Richemond is the Patek Philippe of swiss hotel tradition if I may paraphrase. The rooms are well appointed and quite comfortable. I would prefer a more cushy mattress and softer towels in the bathroom if I want to be picky. I also would add cotton swabs in the toiletry kits provided in the bathroom and a bar of soap in the shower (two were provided for sink and bath tub). We had dinner at le Jardin. Again, perfect service and the food was generally speaking good. Nothing to rave, the venison I had was a little chewy and stringy (not he best cut). On a less positive note, no brunch served on Sunday at the restaurant. I believe that it should be served in any hotel on Sundays. It is a choice and they prefer to have a regular lunch served at their restaurant. They could have both as some restaurants do; a brunch menu and lunch menu can coexist on Sunday. We went to have brunch next door at the Kempinsy following the recommendation of the concierge; a nice brunch's spot in Geneva indeed. Overall I recommend le Richemond and certainly will come back for another stay in Geneva.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of Lake Geneva, by the famous Jet d'Eau, Le Richemond is at the heart of a city known for its style and grace. Le Richemond is ideally located at the heart of the city, a few minutes by walk from the main train station and 15 minutes by car from the International Airport. Just over the bridge, on the rive gauche, guests can discover the old city and the Cathedral Saint-Pierre, the museums district and the luxury boutiques of the Rue du Rhône. The iconic five-star hotel is celebrating this year 140 years of history. In 1875, the hotel was a small family hotel with only 25 beds owned by Adolphe-Rodolphe Armleder. For over a century, Le Richemond has welcomed distinguished guests, from Hollywood icons and artists to international dignitaries and authors, all enjoying the unique cosmopolitan atmosphere and alpine scenery. The clientele has included some of the greatest names of the 20th century - from Charlie Chaplin and Louis Armstrong to Sophia Loren, Rita Hayworth and Marc Chagall. Renovated in 2007, Le Richemond has been decorated in a contemporary style with a strong emphasis on comfort, elegance and state-of-the-art facilities. Le Richemond features 109 rooms including 22 suites with a lake or courtyard view. Signature suites are spacious with luxurious marble bathrooms and offer breathtaking views on the Brunswick Gardens and snow-capped Mont-Blanc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva