2 people are viewing this hotel
Mandarin Oriental
$735
$734
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$668
Booking.com$733
Hotels.com$734
Trip.com$767
1,073 results
All reviews peruvian restaurant river view room concierge team great hotel room service four seasons rooms are spacious star hotel location is excellent old town short stay train station mo luxury lake printer turndown
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2016

We've never stayed in an MO before. Definitely hooked after a great stay here. Bed was super comfy, nice touches like fresh fruit and nespresso machine. I wouldn't bother with a Lake view. You're sleeping most of the time and the Garden is very nice. We had a misunderstanding around breakfast being included (it wasn't) but to credit MO, they didn't charge us as two different members of staff told me it was included (a mistake). I suspect some follow up training will be happening. The only small let down one morning was hubby's Eggs Benedict arrived barely warm. He still ate it but he was a bit surprised since everything else was so good. If you don't have breakfast included, the Saturday buffet is the best. I'd probably go elsewhere for other days as it will be much cheaper. Still, it was a great stay.

Room tip: Don't spend extra on Lake view. Not worth it and it will be noisier as that is the busier street on the Lake side
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2016

The room was excellent with a very comfortable bed and a lovely view over the river. It was equipped with almost everything you could possibly need including a printer, multiple types of plug socket (though the USB port didn't seem to work), a good selection of reading material, an umbrella and umbrella stand, apples etc etc. The marble bathroom was also well equipped and I liked the toiletries (free from parabens). The towels were as large and soft as towels can be (3 bath sheets for example) which is important to me, and the bathroom was extremely clean. Turndown service was thorough and of course Swiss chocolate was left in the room, however I didn't quite see the need for the white pieces of fabric (satin mats?!) that were placed either side of the bed. The only thing I didn't like was the pillows as they weren't very supportive. To be fair to the hotel a pillow menu was provided next to the bed, however I didn't realise until I got into bed at 1am (exhausted after a night out) that I didn't find the pillows comfortable - hence I woke up with a stiff neck in the morning.

Breakfast was good although not exceptional. The bacon was not crispy and the sausages were a bit on the thin/pale side (though I realise that Brits have a different opinion of what makes good sausages). It was possible to order additional items however no menu was provided (I would have liked a list of the made-to-order dishes to be on the table when I sat down). Furthermore the hotel seemed reluctant for guests to help themselves to drinks and so I didn't realise until I walked out that they had smoothies, green juice, champagne etc available (the waitress had simply asked if I'd like tea/coffee/juice). It would be preferable to allow guests to choose for themselves, but if this is not possible then at least provide a comprehensive menu.

I didn't have time to visit the gym unfortunately however the public areas of the hotel seemed very pleasant - having Macs and printers on hand for guest use (between reception and the bar) is a great idea. The wifi worked very well in the hotel - perhaps add Bose iPhone docks to the bedrooms? Overall I had a terrific time in Geneva - thanks Mandarin Oriental.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2016

from 31 may to 3rd june 2016 i along with my wife was in genevato attened EFORT CONFERECE an ORTHPPAEDIC event in geneva . i choose MANDARIN ORIENTAL HOTEL for my stay. its a nice hotel situated at a very good location having 24 hour reception service with highly skilled and well mannered staff. here we enjoyed all the facilities including an excelent buffet breakfast. rooms were well furnished with good amenetis like tea coffe iron telephone etc. the hotel provides mony exchange spa and many other facilities . i would like to pay thanks to all members who make this property a valuable one and make SWITZERLAND a heaven on the earth

Room tip: try to choose room on river side
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank drnisarraja
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2016

Dear drnisarraja,

Many thanks for your kind comment regarding your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva during the EFORT Conference and for your excellent rating.
My team and I are absolutely delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our excellent location, the excellent buffet breakfast and our professional staff.

We are thankful for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

The Mandarin Oriental is the sort of hotel you dream of staying in. The rooms are exceptionally well equipped with comfort and ambience priorities. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly without being patronising or uppity! The bathrooms are wonderful with luxury accessories and bathrobes. The bar is cosy and comfortable although the drinks are very expensive but Geneva is expensive so we expected that. A bit disappointed with Cafe Calle where we had dinner. The food was rather bland although the service was very good. All in all, the Mandarin Oriental oozes luxury without loftiness from the staff and we felt we were welcomed with respect and warmth.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Fuzzbox_12,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and that you very much enjoyed the rooms and bathrooms and the friendliness and professionalism of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

I am a tough rater so 5 is hard to get but this was pretty close.
The room had a great view. Bathrooms were modern. The housekeeping was great (I always love it when the organize my stuff that I have thrown around the room into neat piles!). The concierge was helpful. The bell service was attentive and polite. The price was wayy reasonable compared to the Four Seasons where I stayed last time! So why the 4? The bed was slightly uncomfortable. They didn't refill the fruit (why have a basket of fruit if you aren't going to replace the fruit once it's consumed?) The elevators were so tiny. The restaurant was ridiculously expensive - I had a juice and a tea an it was almost 40 Swiss francs. Overall it was a good experience and I would go back.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Dear Saliha A,
Many thanks for having taken the time to share your kind feedback with us after your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva. We are delighted that you enjoyed our views, bathrooms, housekeeping service, attention to details, concierge and bell services.
We are sorry that you did not find the comfort of our Sealy beds to be up to your expectations. On our breakfast menu, a fresh juice and a tea or infusion are respectively CHF 15 and CHF 9, and you may rest assured that these prices are totally in line with those of our competitor hotels in town, which we do audit on a regular basis.
Nevertheless, we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon to charming Geneva.