I've stayed thrice at the Mandarin Oriental in Genève, once in May and twice in August 2013. Their premier rooms with the lake view are fabulous - I've attached a photograph taken from the room as well. Customer service is absolutely excellent and their staff have been trained really well and it shows, which is noticeable from the time you checkin.
We had several requests the hotel concierge (across our stays) was more than happy to help with, including finding a specialised dry-cleaner in the city to clean a fur and cashmere ladies evening coat. I've seen some of the smaller rooms, usually with the rear view, and whilst practical for a short stay the rear view is not the nicest to have during a longer stay, especially if one is on holiday (or business & pleasure!).
Room service is very good although mysteriously they do not serve any 'ice cream' in the hotel; their room serve menu has sorbets only! I requested a milkshake and received one made from sorbets and milk, which was shocking to say the least and they removed it from our bill.
Some items on the menu can be considered to be 'expensive' but on the whole, considering the locale, most restaurants are similarly priced although I am sure they could price some of the items a bit better.
Le Sud is their main brasserie for breakfast and the food/service is absolutely fantastic - it's a wide spread and you can order pretty much anything! They charge around CHF50 per person, so it's much cheaper if you make your booking with breakfast included if you plan to be there for a longer stay. Their eggs Benedict is fantastic!
On the whole, it is one of the most comfortable experiences I've had in Genève and their Mercedes saloon Airport Transfer is quite convenient. The staff are well mannered to the point they do not 'loom' around for tips once moving luggage, and graciously accept tips when offered.
I will be definitely staying at the Mandarin Oriental, and look forward to my next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A living example of Swiss hotel tradition at its very best, Mandarin Oriental, Geneva has a superb location on the River Rhone, located within the heart of the city's shopping, historic and business districts. Following an extensive refurbishment, the hotel features 189 elegant and spacious rooms and suites, with many suites enjoying private terraces with supreme views of the river, Old Town and snow-capped mountains. Michelin starred dining, unparalleled service and luxury make it the ideal choice for discerning travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Geneva Hotel Geneva
- Mandarin Switzerland
- Mandarin Oriental Switzerland
- Geneva Mandarin Oriental