“An absolute pleasure...”

Ranked #5 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've stayed thrice at the Mandarin Oriental in Genève, once in May and twice in August 2013. Their premier rooms with the lake view are fabulous - I've attached a photograph taken from the room as well. Customer service is absolutely excellent and their staff have been trained really well and it shows, which is noticeable from the time you checkin.

We had several requests the hotel concierge (across our stays) was more than happy to help with, including finding a specialised dry-cleaner in the city to clean a fur and cashmere ladies evening coat. I've seen some of the smaller rooms, usually with the rear view, and whilst practical for a short stay the rear view is not the nicest to have during a longer stay, especially if one is on holiday (or business & pleasure!).

Room service is very good although mysteriously they do not serve any 'ice cream' in the hotel; their room serve menu has sorbets only! I requested a milkshake and received one made from sorbets and milk, which was shocking to say the least and they removed it from our bill.

Some items on the menu can be considered to be 'expensive' but on the whole, considering the locale, most restaurants are similarly priced although I am sure they could price some of the items a bit better.

Le Sud is their main brasserie for breakfast and the food/service is absolutely fantastic - it's a wide spread and you can order pretty much anything! They charge around CHF50 per person, so it's much cheaper if you make your booking with breakfast included if you plan to be there for a longer stay. Their eggs Benedict is fantastic!

On the whole, it is one of the most comfortable experiences I've had in Genève and their Mercedes saloon Airport Transfer is quite convenient. The staff are well mannered to the point they do not 'loom' around for tips once moving luggage, and graciously accept tips when offered.

I will be definitely staying at the Mandarin Oriental, and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Michael S,
We are very grateful for such an amazing and detailed feedback, thank you so much for having taken the time to share them with the online travel community. It was a pleasure having you with us and to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities, as well as the friendliness and effectiveness of our colleagues. As we constantly strive to deliver the best luxury experience to our guests, your comments are a ringing endorsement of our day to day efforts. I am very happy to share them with my colleagues who are also thankful.
I am sorry that your milkshake request was not up to your expectations. This should not have happened and as a result of your observations we will be extending our ice cream choices and adding them to our Room Service menu.
Once again, thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Still staying at the Mandarin...the service is great, the help we get from the concierge, Damian, is great. He suggested a few restaurants wich we tried and were excellent. He organised a city tour for us with a private driver and we had a great time. Breakfast was perfect in quality, maybe missing variety. Rooms are very very comfortable and perfectly equipped(nespresso machine provided, complimentary water and tea, iron and iron board, cleaning service twice a day, the best slippers). My husband says it is the best bed
he everslept on.I had a massage today which was also excellent. If you are heading for a 5 star hotel, i am sure you will be more than happy at Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed: August 2013
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Annoulini,
Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to read that you really enjoyed our rooms features and the friendliness and effectiveness of our Concierge Damien. He is so proud of your comment. I have shared your kind words with him and he is delighted that you enjoyed all of his recommended activities.
The Mandarin Oriental Geneva team strives to always understand and satisfy its guests by offering the highest level of services and your comments are a ringing endorsement of our day to day efforts.
Once again, many thanks for your feedback and recommendation. We definitely look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Mandarin Oriental, Geneva in the not too distant future.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just spent a few days as a family at the Mandarin Geneva and had a fabulous time. We were treated like royalty and the location of the hotel was wonderful for discovering all that Geneva has to offer.
The children loved the " chocolate laundry "
We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Laraleo,
We are so pleased to read that you had a fabulous time at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva. Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. Providing the highest level of attentive and friendly services is always at the top of our mind and it is a pleasure to know that your children enjoyed our little Swiss surprise.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to charming Geneva in the not too distant future.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The title of my review is self-explanatory. If you ever stayed in a Mandarin Oriental Hotel, you know what to expect: spacious and luxurious rooms, great service, pretty amenities and other small treats.
The differential in this Hotel is the location, right by the Rhone River (OK, Geneva is very small city, but it's still nice to have a view, right?), and the conciergerie (Samuel was outstanding, as well as the rest of the team).

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear JSchlaad,
What a delight to read that you had a FANtastic stay with us. Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with the travel community. We are so pleased to learn that you enjoyed the Mandarin Oriental treats and our ideal location in the city. Samuel, our Chef Concierge, is a true asset to the hotel. He would like to thank you for your kind and warm words of appreciation and, just like the rest of our team, he looks forward to welcoming you back soon to Mandarin Oriental, Geneva.
With kind regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I like the rooms, the service and the staff. Bed is super comfortable, bathroom very Practical and luxurious. Breakfast is fantastic. Located by the lake close to restaurants, shopping centre and bus stations.
The fitness room is good ( this could be better) but I found that is just a lot of money for a night.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear MarAle1111,
We are very grateful that you took the time to write about your stay with us and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our new rooms and buffet breakfast. And, yes, Geneva is a pricey destination as the exchange rate can hurt...It will be our great pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future and to make you experience the best our hotel has to offer.
With best regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had only stayed at a Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas (which we love) so when I was choosing my hotel from Trip Advisor I felt confident about the Geneva property. I was correct. I chose the hotel transfer. The driver was right on time and quickly had me to the hotel. At the curb I was greeted not only by the bell captain but also a young lady who walked my right past the front desk to my room. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was excellent and comfortable. I had a room overlooking the river. Extremely peaceful to sit at the desk and work and look out at the river going by. The bar is relaxing and staff attentive. I was by myself on business so I chose to stay in for dinner both nights. Le Sud is the restaurant that allows you to sit inside or outside on the street. Fantastic dinner. I highly recommend the filet of Sole! So all in all, excellent. A definite great choice. I can't wait to take my wife back there.

Room Tip: Definitely get a river view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear USShredder,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to learn that your Trip Advisor choice proved to be an excellent one and that Mandarin Oriental, Geneva is now part of your favourite hotels. All our rooms and public spaces have been recently refurbished and everything has been arranged in order to provide our guests with the ultimate in comfort and luxury. We are also pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Mediterranean cuisine at Le Sud. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Geneva soon.
With best regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was our best hotel in our Suisse trip. I had a great stay at this hotel for 6 nights for company's event. As soon as I reach hotel, I feel so fantastic with a nice hotel situated just opposite the river and the view is great.

Great experience on:
1. Get free cocktails as soon as I reach the reception. Made me feel so welcomed
2. Free drinking water at concierge for our excursion
3. Great room with fantastic view over streets
4. Comfortable bed
5. Great shower experience
6. Walking distance to all tourist spots
7. Great buffet breakfast
8. Great front desk staffs
9. Great housekeeping staffs

It's an expensive hotel to stay but the experience is great.

Room Tip: Choose level 6 which all rooms are newly renovated
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Vinii P,
The Mandarin Oriental Geneva team and I would like to thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us. We are absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your 7 days with us and that our services seemed to have exceeded your expectations. I have shared your observations with my colleagues who are very grateful and so pleased to have made your stay an unforgettable one - with Swiss-style hospitality and Oriental charm. And indeed, our 6th floor is our newly renovated Mandarin floor which has become so popular.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and send you our kindest regards,