“Great location for exploring Geneva”

Ranked #5 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a long weekend family stay in two reasonably sized interconnecting rooms. It's a perfect place to stay to you can get about Geneva on foot. Glad we chose it over the other waterfront hotels.
The staff are warm and welcoming. The concierge was very helpful with suggestions and organising tickets. Dinner and breakfast pretty good, no complaints.

But it's not quite up to the scratch of other Mandarin Orientals. Our rooms didn't feel sparkly clean and we had to chase to get our laundry back at the end of the day, despite it supposedly being a 4 hour service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Lisa S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy to read you and your family enjoyed our great central location, walking distance from shopping area, the old town and the lake. Thank you for your nice comments on the effectiveness and friendliness of our staff. We are sorry to read about the problem you experienced with the laundry service. It is true that over the week-end our laundry service has a different schedule then during the week and as mentioned on our laundry form the 4 hours service does not apply on Saturdays and Sundays. I apologize that your laundry was brought up to your room only at the end of the day and I have followed up with our laundry team to avoid the reoccurrence of such an incident. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Mandarin Oriental, Geneva.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Geneva

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed a few nights here during a business trip. The location is excellent. There is easy access to Geneva business spots and shopping.The service is very good and the Concierge is excellent. The Breakfast Buffet is also a great way to start the day. Little things were missing in my suite that would be expected in this category hotel e.g. qtips, cotton wool, clothes brush, steam iron and shower gel. The Gym was great and the steam room and sauna were impeccable. Staff were friendly, courteous and anxious to please. The rooms are expensive but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Latoya519,
Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your impressions following your recent stay with us. You are right that our location is ideal with a 5 minutes’ walk to shopping and business area. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast offer as well as our fitness center, sauna and steam room. I very much regret to read that qtips, cotton wool, clothes brush, steam iron and shower gel were missing from your room. All our rooms and suites are equipped with a small vanity kit in which you can find the above mentioned items. The steam iron is also placed in all our rooms except in the rooms on our 6th floor and is available on request. Thank you for your nice comments on our colleagues, it is true that Mandarin Oriental’s philosophy believes in delighting our guests while offering professional and sincere service from the heart. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Geneva in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a great hotel, but as in all Geneva hotels it is eye watering lay expensive. If money were no object it would be perfect. However the reality of life is that money does matter and it just costs too much.

Service is impeccable, love the breakfast, the gym is good.

Stay here if you can afford it.

Stayed: May 2013

Dear Anthony P,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel, our staff and the gym as well as our buffet breakfast. We concur with your finding that Geneva is an expensive town and when one has to change currencies it is not always in your favor… It is unfortunately beyond the hotel’s control that the Swiss Franc has become so strong. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Geneva in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited this hotel several times before, and every time I enjoyed every thing, starting from reception, dinner, room accommodation, breakfast, and checking out services. I stayed every time for business trip, so stayed only a single night or a few, nevertheless, still this is one of my favorite hotels of the world.

This time, there was one more great surprise. I noted a slight negative comment about my experience at a restaurant in a survey, and on the following day, I received an e-mail from GM, and he assured me by remedial measures he was taking. His note was very sincere, and full of personal touch, which impressed me very much.

I was convinced that quality service, consistent attentiveness and responsiveness are the culture of this hotel. I can recommend this hotel to anyone whom I know. Visiting most of the top hotels in main cities in the world, I assure you this is definitely one of the very best!!

1  Thank enj0ylife1007
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear enj0ylife1007,
Our team and myself are all very grateful for your superb feedback, thanks a million for being such a supportive FAN of Mandarin Oriental, Geneva! It is our greatest pleasure to welcome you every time you visit us for business reasons and we are delighted to learn that our friendly service and modern facilities are to your liking. It is true that constant attentiveness and a sincere care for our valued guests are our core principles.
It will be once again for us a delight to welcome you back to your "home away from home".
With kindest regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel this past weekend (May 24-26, 2013) on my first trip to Geneva in 21 years! The city was mostly as I remembered it, and the hotel was just as wonderful as the other Mandarin Oriental properties I've visited over the years. I stayed on the newly renovated sixth floor, in the luxurious Mandarin Room, complete with views of the Rhone River. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous (the two concierges who recommended restaurants and museums were top-of-the-line), breakfast at Le Sud restaurant was a real treat and dinner at the hotel's gourmet Indian restaurant Rasoi by Vineet was a memorable experience. The cocktails at the on-site MO Bar were decadent and refined. I recommend this property to anyone visiting Geneva.

Room Tip: Choose the river-view Mandarin Room on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Marvyboy,
My team and I are so grateful for your wonderful feedback about your stay with us. After all these years, it must have been a nice and relaxing experience for you to come back to Geneva and we are proud that our hotel was your “home away from home” during this visit, especially as a Mandarin Oriental FAN. Our Concierges would like to thank you so much for your kind words, they were delighted to recommend the best in town for you. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva.
With kind regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I visit geneva really a lot, almost every summer

The hotel is in perfect location infront of the river and its an easy walk to both sides of the lake, it is as well an easy walk to the shopping area.

The hotel rooms are very comfortable, clean and big, they also provide a lot of connected rooms if you are going as a family, the hotel renewed the decorations and its well decorated.

the staff are nice and services are good.

The lobby is small, but have a excellent indian restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Besh A,
We are delighted to learn that our hotel is your favorite when visiting Geneva and escaping the heat in your home country. Thank you so much for being such a supportive and loyal FAN. Our location is indeed great. Our renovated rooms and suites were conceived and renewed with an aim to provide the best comfort and convenience for our guests and families. We are delighted to read that you like our Michelin-starred Indian restaurant, Rasoi by Vineet. Thank you for your kind comment on our colleagues who delighted you when staying with us.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Mandarin on business. When I arrived in Geneva my luggage did not (Swissair - go figure). The staff at the Mandarin was super helpful in getting me through this situation. Cleaned my suit overnight. Communicated with the airline in search of my luggage. Provided some needed amenities, etc. The staff here just gets it right. Little things like handing you a towel and bottle of water when coming back from a jog. Will definitely make this my go to hotel when traveling to Geneva.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MOGVA, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear NJoenophile,
What a pleasure to learn that you had a great stay with us, we would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback on the occasion of your recent stay. Delighting our guests with a friendly yet very professional service and anticipating their needs are our top priorities. It is wonderful to know when this contributes to a most memorable experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Geneva in the not too distant future and thank you again for your most kind and warm words of praise.