“Reasonably good hotel”

Ranked #30 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Ahmedabad, India
“Reasonably good hotel”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is located exactly opposite cornavin station and is very convenient and walk away distance for visitors who come to Geneva. The rooms are reasonably good. I got the balcony room. The view was good. I recommend this hotel for a family stay in geneva.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are very good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Diego
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Right across from the train station. Which is very convenient. Walking distance to the city center and almost major city attractions. Geneva is a small town to begin with, so it makes it easy to walk around. I could see the lake if i would lean out off the window. The room was small. Ok with european standards i guess. Was comfy. Weird colors for my taste but ok. Had a small closet and a safe. Bathroom also small but very functional. Staff really nice. Breakfast was really simple. But i guess for a 3 star hotel was ok. Thin walls so you can hear your neighbors. Internet was good. For some reason i my phone i had to log back in after couple minutes of inactivity. But nice speed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Clean, friendly, safe, easy to get around the city. Bus or train right out the door! Nice breakfast included. A little noisy outside on the weekend, but not too bad. The only complaint would be the shower has a 1/2 glass panel that does not contain the water and the floor gets wet in the bathroom. Other than that this was perfect for us in every way. We spent 3 nights here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was extremely unlucky at this hotel. I got a room on the third floor (# 315), right in front of the elevator doors (where people stopped to chat). In addition my next door neighbours were two rather loud, talkative, Chinese ladies.
The room was not soundproof at all and the noise was unbearable. Ear plugs did not help. In addition, there was some noise from the street (and my room did not face the main busy street! so I can only guess how worse that would have been). The windows in the room did not block completely the sound coming from outside.

As soon as I got in the room I noticed that the complimentary toiletries had not been replaced after the last guest left. The body lotion was already half empty. I have no words to describe how unpleasant this was.

The lights in the room were not good either. It was pretty much Danish style (i.e. dark): three small table lamps, a floor lamp giving very poor light and no light on the ceiling. Good luck trying to find something in your luggage after sunset.

Another huge downside of my stay was that when the my neighbours "kindly" woke me up at 7 am there was no hot water for showering. The water only started getting hot around 8 am.

On the second day of my stay there was quiet. I guess my neighbours had left and nobody stopped to chat in front of the elevator. But I still did not have luck with the chamber maid. Again the toiletries had not been replaced.

My guess is that your experience in this hotel will very much depend on your luck.

Ignoring all the problems that happened during my stay, I would say that the location is great, the staff is friendly, the room was comfortable and clean. There was a mini bar and a safe box available (but there were no instructions on how to use the safe box).
The wifi connection was quite good in the room and the breakfast was ok (but very simple when compared to other 3 stars hotels I have stayed in during this trip).

Another thing you might enjoy is that you get a Geneva transport card from the reception and this is very useful when going to the airport by train.

Honestly, I would never stay here again and I will definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone I know.
Based on the reviews I had read, I did not expect my stay at this hotel was going to be such a failure.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Suisse! The room was comfortable and clean, with a nice little balcony. The location is excellent for public transportation since the bus and train station are across the street. We got a free transport card from the hotel. It is within walking distance to the lake and lots of restaurants. They have a great breakfast buffet, and we loved the coffee machine.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Stockholm
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Just stayed three nights at this hotel. It's clean, central, but not non-memorable. The room was not really to my tatse. I like modern, but not the sterile version with white walls, glass/plastic furniture and aggressive neon lights. The breakfast was included, but very basic. Internet worked fine. I will probably not return to this hotel, unless my favourite hotels are full (which were the reason this time).

Room Tip: Try avoid a room facing the walking street if you want to avoid noise from shouting people.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business