“The World's best. Well done Jose.”

Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
Ranked #3 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed October 31, 2010

You are unlikely to find better in this life.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Thewarnerbros

Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband and I actually stayed at this hotel a few years ago (June 2008), so my review is a little dated. I am a busy working professional, so only now have had time to write this. We had a wonderful, luxurious stay at this amazing palace of a hotel. The room was lovely and well-appointed, and not too small at all. We had an amazing view of the Rhone River, spilling in to the Lac Leman (or, Lake Geneva, as it's known to tourists). The swans swam in the confluence, and it was just an amazing sight to see. We could also see the amazing Jet D'Eau from our room. We also had a view the Medieval City, and we roamed the twisting and twining cobblestones of this area of town, steeped in history and mystery, more than once when we were there. The hotel was very well located, and within walking distance of many wonderful restaurants and things to do in the city. The bed in our room was so comfortable and so luxuriously appointed, I never wanted to get out of it, but was glad I did when we went out to see this amazing, friendly, and vibrant city. A few words of caution, nothing is cheap in Geneva, and so we paid a lot for our luxury, but it was so worth it. The staff at this hotel could not do enough for us, brining us American Ice when we rang for it, and made arragnements for us to visit some of the best local restaurants, as well as organizing a private day trip to Chamonix and Mont Blanc, which was an experience I will never forget! Please note that you want to take advantage of the breakfast if it is included in your room, and if you do eat at the hotel restaurant you are in for a treat, but remember, the restaurant is very expensive, although the meal and service we enjoyed there was superlative. They did not have a proper SPA at the time we were there, and as I recall it, there was no swimming pool either. This may have changed in the last few years. We did enjoy lovely massages, and I had a lovely soak in a hot tub strewn with roses, which they had outfitted in an unused guest room, and it was very relaxing and revitalizing. You should defintiely hit the bar for drinks, and again, although the drinks are not cheap, they are rather large, so you get good portion for your money, and they serve snacks in the tradition of great European hotels with drinks. My husband and I hit the bar a few times while we were there. You can people-watch here as the locals frequent this bar with an amazing view of the Rhone, Lac Leman and Mont Blanc in the distance. It is at street level, you can enjoy the natural beauty of Switzerland, and check out the street carnival of characters and passersby as they stroll the streets of lovely Geneva. Geneva is truly an international city, and so there are all kinds of people to see when you are there. When we return to Geneva again, we will definitely stay at this lovely and renovated Grand Dame of a hotel. C'est Magnifique!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank SisterMoon_8
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This has to be one of my favourite hotels globally. The service is outstanding, understated and yet incredibly helpful. I travelled with my wife and 3 month year old son and the amount of effort that the staff put in to helping us was incredible. The hotel has a great location within the city and is housed in an elegant building within which they have built in all the modern conveniences.

The restaurant serves excellent food and has a pretty good collection of half bottles of wine, which is unusual, and yet useful when your wife isn't really drinking. There are two drawbacks - the price and having to pay for the internet - which I don't like having to do. This is not a cheap hotel, but in this case you do get what you pay for. The service as I mentioned is excellent. It has instantly joined my list of favourite hotels and largely because of the quality of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Green_kermit
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Hotels do not get any better than this .. perhaps only The Four Seasons Paris ... Will be even better when the spa is opened.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank John_Chalmers
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Have stayed at 15+ Four Seasons properties around the world and can honestly say that this hotel was the most pleasant surprise that I have ever experienced. Perhaps it was because I hadn't really heard much about the hotel in advance -- regardless, my visits were an absolute perfect experience.

Stayed here on two separate occassions for business and each time the hotel surpassed my expectations. The rooms were beautiful -- recently refurbished and absolutely goregeous. The front desk, concierge and housekeeping staff went out of their way to ensure my every need was taken care of. The location is excellent. I needed to pick up a few gifts for my children before heading home and there were plenty of options after a quick walk over the bridge outside the hotel.

If you are traveling to Geneva, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Chicagolikes2travel
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I have traveled extensively on business for the last 16 years spending on average 150+ nights on the road. I recently had the chance to take my family on a short vacation to Switzerland and stayed at the Four Seasons in Geneva. I always have high expectations when staying at a Four Seasons. My expectations for the des Burges were greatly exceeded and set a new standard for what I shall expect from a five star hotel. The location is outstanding -- perfect views of the Lake and a 5 minute walk to shopping and the Old Town. The hotel itself has been completely remodeled keeping its classic baroque charm with the latest in technology and everything you would expect of a five star hotel. What made this stay extraordinary was the staff. Everyone from housekeeping and bellman to the front desk, restaurant and management seemed to know our name. We were personally greeted throughout our four day stay. Additionally, the hotel staff went out of their way to make our kids feel special from treats sent to the room, to small presents at breakfast and even care packages for a boat tour we took of Lake Geneva. We had breakfast each day at the hotel and dinner one night. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable without being pretentious. Having stayed at so many hotels over the years it is hard for me to be impressed. The des Bruges succeeded in impressing this somewhat jaded traveler.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SurLeNil
Reviewed July 15, 2010

A stunning old building across the street from the start of the Rhone River, where it joins Lake Geneva. Outstanding service, large comfortable rooms, and all the things you would expect from Four Seasons. But, like everything in the land of cheese and chocolate, it doesn't come cheap. We paid over $800 per night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business