WINNER WONDERLAND

“Excellent Place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva

Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
Ranked #1 of 108 Hotels in Geneva
“Excellent Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Excellent. Nothing to comment.
Stayed for 2 nights. Not my first time. Excellent location angle Mont Blanc Bridge lake view. For me its the best in that location.
Very Professional staff that care on details. Hotel Lobby Marvelous always with their fresh flowers, and a detail..A table with cookies , fruit juices coffee and tea in a corner . Waiting for someone , you might need that.
Rooms excellent, cared to the detail. Breakfast at the restaurant - wide variety in a nice ambience. bar excellent well furbished and wide variety of drinks.
Next time in. geneva of course I will stay there again

Stayed June 2013
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Er K,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

What a pleasure to hear that you only have compliments about the hotel and the service we offer.

We are certainly looking forward to your next stay with us.

José SIlva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went to the Hotel des Bergues last saturday for a morning coffee. First of all I asked to the lady at the front desk a few informations regarding room rates. The lady provided excellent service with all good informations and an understandable good english; as the concierge was on the phone she was able to give me good informations on where to go and what to visit in Geneva. I asked her where the bar was and she escorted me there entertaining me with a very friendly and nice mannered conversation.
Once at the Bar the experience was not so good. I work within the Hospitality industry in a Leading Hotel of the World, and know a lot about 5* Luxury Hotels standards. Once at the bar one of the waiters offered me a newspaper and took the order. I had to wait a few minutes to get my coffee, which was okay, however once I got it although I was pretty much the only one at the Bar I saw no one at the front of the bar for more than ten minutes and the girl who served me disappeared for longer than that. Only one waiter was walking through from the other side where breakfast was taking place. I had a look at the wooden walls and could clearly see they were covered in dust and used my hand to check it and not only I could clearly see with my eyes where I touched but also saw on my hands it was black and dirty. Would highly reccomend to check on the walls too when cleaning the bar because doesn't give such a good impression to clients + it was a sunny day and could see from the big windows facing the outdoor area of the restaurant very dirty with stains all over, might have been raining the day before but anyway didn' t look so good.. When I wanted to drink the water they served me with the coffee I almost refused to drink it as the glass wass full of stains, even though it was probably limestone it was not so pleasant to be served water in such a dirty glass.
Overall it is a beautiful hotel and some of e staff were very good, although service was a bit spotty ans Housekeeping ( only talking about public areas) should really work on its standards

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AngelicaCors
Dear AngelicaCors,

Thank you for having the time to share your comments with us, which have taken all our attention.

The well-being of our guests is of utmost important to us and your constructive criticism will help us avoid these shortfalls in the future.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed for only one night, and can only say good things about this hotel.The staff was professional and friendly, among the friendliest I have ever dealt with in a European hotel. Service was efficient and uncomplicated, and every question I had about the logistics of my stay was easily answered by the desk staff. It is a beautiful building with lots of old world style. There are wide hallways, and an almost grand staircase reaching every floor of the hotel. My room was of a typical size for European hotels of this class, meaning not very big, but very well-appointed, with large closets and a comfortably-sized bathroom. The size constraints mean that the desk was not very large, and the bathroom did not have stand up shower separate from the bath tub. But that is the price to pay for staying in a prime location, in a room with a view of Lac Leman (Lake Geneva). The in-room plate of fresh fruit that Four Seasons hotels usually offer was the best I ever had. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Lake, of course.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear London06,

It was a great pleasure to read your positive review about your stay with us. Thank you for having taken the time to share it with other travellers.

Regarding your comment about the shower facilities, the hotel being a classical property first opened in 1834 it is true that a small minority of our rooms do not feature yet a walk-in shower. Please kindly inform us of your next stay with us and we will be happy to ensure that you will benefit from one of our newly refurbished rooms.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks in May. The service was absolutely faultless. Certainly amongst the best that I have experienced anywhere in the world. The hotel is beautifully furnished and the rooms are very comfortable. Some rooms however, are smaller than others and you have to be careful about the type of room that you book. The room service was prompt and food was excellent. Wi-Fi was included - unlike some other mean supposedly five star establishments. While I was there, the hotel had no pool and the gym was tiny in a converted bedroom. I was told, however, (and shown photographs) that a large gym was being constructed together with a pool and was due to open in June 2013. Some points of criticism however. Breakfast is 55 CHF per person for buffet breakfast (a cold buffet). It is essential, therefore, to get a rate that has breakfast included. Also, I was quite surprised whenever presented with a bill for signature to find a slot for an optional service charge to be included. This is something that I would associate with establishments usually in the United States where the staff are underpaid and have to rely on tips for income. It is not something that I would associate with a Four Seasons Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure it is facing to the front or side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Clean hotel, perfect service, polite stuff, excellent restaurants, delicious food not far from the center ,you can go by foot 5-10 minutes social life around the hotel surrounded with cafeterias, watching the swans is beautiful also the fountain of Geneva what an excellent experience

Room Tip: Near the lake
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

A classic hotel, in a great location. The staff were attentive, helpful and with excellent English! The lobby and restaurant (used for breakfast only on our visit) were great and the choice of food at breakfast extensive - all as would be expected from a hotel that presents a five-star image.
BUT - our room. Well, it was large, in some ways well-appointed, and the bed was comfortable. But I haven't seen a shower curtain in a hotel of this class for years; it's nice to have a full-sized bath, but why no separate shower installation? Oh, and the water refused to drain away - if I wanted a paddle, I'd have gone to the beach. The sound insulation in the room was poor too, for a hotel of this class, and the curtains didn't meet, so let in the light as well as the noise. And no in-room coffee-making was a surprise, when we had excellent coffee machines in cheaper hotels elsewhere.
Well, I mentioned all this as we were checking out and we were given a discount: the receptionists acknowledged that some rooms had not yet been upgraded and badly needed refurbishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been refurbished - and not facing the main road. But then be prepared to pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Janet C
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Janet C,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience with us.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding the rooms product, especially things that should have been working perfectly such as the curtains and the drain of your shower. The shower curtain is going to be eliminated in the very near future and we will ensure for your next stay that you prefer our newly refurbished bathrooms.

The Nespresso set up is available for all of our guests free of charge and we will duly note that you prefer this set up in your room upon arrival.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next stay with us. We very much would like to regain your trust in the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva.

José SIlva
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Old World elegance in the perfect location, where the Rhone River meets Lake Geneva. Short walk to downtown and to the old quarter of the city. Excellent traffic management in front of the hotel. As with all my experiences at various Four Seasons hotels throughout the world, the staff is 100 percent professional, courteous, and efficient. This is the highest level of hotel staff anywhere - extremely professional. Wonderful cosmetics in the bathroom, outstanding TV and Internet service, elegant meeting rooms and facilities. The Four Seasons is not cheap, it is expensive but you get what you pay for. If you have any price sensitivity, you should stay somewhere else, because the cheapest item on the menu will set you back at least 40 CHF. A new gym and spa facility is about to open on the sixth floor, but with Lake Geneva right outside the front door, all you need to get in your daily exercise is a decent pair of shoes.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms have a stunning view of Montblanc and the iconic fountain.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear BobFV1,

Thank you very much for your lovely review at TripAdvisor. We give the utmost importance to our guests comments.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.