“Expensive but worhtwhile”

Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Istanbul, Turkey
“Expensive but worhtwhile”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent hotel with great location. Impeccable service. The staff is very friendly.
The decoration is lovely and rooms are spacious and well appointed.
Lobby area and restaurant are very nice, this is the best value compared to other expensive Geneva hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear ETraveller99,

Thank you very much for the review about your recent stay with us.

We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with the quality of our facilities and service.

José Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and we were impressed from the time we were greeted at the door by the bellman. Everything was impeccable - reception, concierge, housekeeping, laundry... Our room was excellent and the kids' amenities for our little girls in the room added a sweet touch. Plush beds, exquisite furnishing throughout the hotel, resplendent view and immaculate service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Absolutred16,

Thank you for haven taken the time to share your valuable impressions about your stay with us.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012

For my second business trip to Geneva, I thought I would try the Four Seasons. I was thoroughly impressed.

I chose this hotel because it was the only hotel that could press and clean my shirt and suit overnight and deliver it by around 8 am on the next day even if I arrive late at around 9 pm. It also offered 24 hour room service . Although these features of the hotel were important to me, it was really other aspects of the hotel that thoroughly impressed me.

For instance, I had a bad experience at the Geneva train station on my way to the hotel. The hotel staff at reception and the concierge desk really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The thieves put some form of white liquid on the back of my coat. The hotel cleaned and pressed the coat at no charge. The hotel also did the leg work in preparing and filing a police report based on information I provided and also gave me a copy of the report in case I needed it for insurance purposes. The hotel also covered the cost of my drinks that evening and the breakfast the next morning as well.

Everyone in the hotel was very friendly including all room service staff, security, waitress at the bar and the waiters and waitresses who served me during breakfast. Moreover, everyone seems to strive to provide excellence in service. I asked the concierge to arrange a taxi to airport. When I returned to the hotel at the requested time, my bag was already in the car and my driver was waiting for me.

I also can`t overlook the stellar state of the property. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. I had a regular king room. It was large and elegantly designed with built-in closets and a safe, which was important to me after the incident. The bathroom was clean and exquisite. I had a great view of the harbour from my room on the fifth floor.

Excellence in service and stellar building … The best hotel experience that I have ever had during a business trip !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Btravel2012
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Btravel2012,

Thank you very much for haven taken the time to describe in detail some important points of your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience at the train station but happy to see that we could minimize it by offering you a great quality of service. We indeed measure no efforts to please our guests and to make their each experience with us a memorable one, being them on a leisure trip or in a business trip.

Hoping you will give us the pelasure to stay with us again in the near future.

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a real luxury hotel. Hard to comment on anything, as everything was just perfect!
The concierge was waiting for us in from of the hotel, check in took 5 minutes, we had fresh fruit and water in the room, and the room was just great.
This is an old style hotel, everything in the rooms is luxurious but decorated to make you feel like home (a very wealthy person’s home).
Bose sound system in the room, expensive Aqua di Parma toiletries ( and not the small 30 ml ones, but proper 75 ml ) – what can I say, I wish I live in this hotel.
They clean your room twice a day, very carefully removing the throw from the bed, preparing it for the night.
One big thank you to the concierge who heard me talking to my friend that I was thirsty when we were waiting for the taxi back to the airport, and guess what – next thing I see is someone bringing me a bottle of cold Evian water. There are no words to describe how great this hotel makes you feel, it is like a taste of how it feels to be a billionaire.
So even for that, it is worth going there, at least once in your life.
Geneva is a very pretty place to visit, the old town is charming and the restaurants are fantastic!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view, the sunrise is out of this world
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Loves2travel099
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Loves2travel099,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

It is so rewarding to read a review like yours and to hear that all was perfect during your stay!

We hope we will be able to welcome you again soon!

Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed there for about 10 days in late October. I have stayed in top hotels all over the world and this is really the cream of the crop. Not only was everything impeccable but in a couple of instances that they were not up to par they fixed everything immediately and (something you rarely see) added an apologetic note from the person responsible. Of course one can gripe at their steep (ish) prices but when you stay at the top hotel in one of the best cities in the world you get what you pay for and in this case a whole lot more.
Only gripe really was a rather poor breakfast buffet but I preferred to go out for breakfast in one of the numerous sidewalk coffee shops that the city has to offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear PaulShine,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive experience at our hotel.

We were happy to hear that our service surpassed your expectations. On the other hand, we were sorry to read that you were not satisfied with our breakfast buffet. We would be grateful if you could point out the missing items so that it could be up to your liking?

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

Best regards,

Manhattan
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Four Seasons in Geneva for business. I had a standard, king room. The rooms are exquisitely appointed and the rooms are large. The room had a small foyer with a closet, a sitting area which included a desk and large couch. The king bed was also in the main room and was a comfortable and fine sleep choice.

That staff was excellent. I had a repeated issue with the room key and the staff was totally receptive and alleviated the issue--each time--immediately.

I did dine once on property at the restaurant. It is Switzerland so one can expect to spend a lot more than what one would spend in the United States and some parts of Europe. Regardless, the dining experience was excellent for lunch as we ate outside and enjoyed a nice spring day.

I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TNElvis
Dear TNElvis,

We are so pleased to hear that you would highly recommend our property.

High quality of service at Four Seasons Hotels are of utmost importance and we strive to exceed our guests' expectation in each one of their stays.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues and at our Il Lago restaurant.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Okay folks I know a lot of people talk about great hotels, and though that is exactly what i am going to do, mine is unique. I travelled for my job for over 25 years. I have stayed at top notch hotels throughout the United States and Europe. With this as a back drop let me share my incredible experience at the Four Seasons Geneva. Everything about this hotel: location, staff, facilities, were all exemplary. This hotels greatest strength is its staff. Everyone (and I emphasize EVERYONE) made us feel welcome and special. No requests were too hard and were swiftly and efficiently handled by the great staff at either the front desk, the concierge desk or in the restaurant. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The bathrooms were very nice (with a seperate walk in shower) and toiletries that were very nice. My wife and her friend took advantage of the spa and raved about the service. After her appointment the hotel sent a thank you package to the room which was a very nice touch. The decorations and the well known Four Seasons flowers were amazing and added to the general feeling of comfortable opulence. The hotel is centrally located (just a short 5 min walk from the train station). It is a stones throw from the famous Geneva fountain and was located near to all the points of interest for our party. This was, hands down, the single BEST stay of my life and would not hesitate to encourage anyone I know to stay there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joshua027
FSGeneva, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Joshua027,

What a great pleasure to read your review on Tripadvisor! It is so rewarding for us to hear that our guests had an amazing experience with us and we can only thank you for having taken the time to write about it.

We confirm that service is of utmost importance for us and we strive to provide the very best of it to all our guests.

We will certainly be very happy to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.