Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
Great 4.5/5
$172
$144
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cristal Design(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$146
$128
$135
$125
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Design Hotel F6(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$115
$114
$107
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
ibis Geneve Centre Nations(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$122
$107
$215
$163
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsil lagogeorge vrooftop restaurantjapanese restaurantsteam showerperfect serviceconcierge staffbeautiful hotelexceptional staffmemorable stayluxury hoteljet d'eaudeluxe roommont blanci highly recommend this hotelold townthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Loosing a suit in the laundry, it can happen, offering to borrow you a trouser after they found the jacket, it's a bit silly, then after being really upset they offer to buy a suit which was the least to be done in such situations instead of wasting time explaining that the trouser was lost.
Mistakes can happen, being slow in responding to the issue can sometimes be normal but what I still don't understand is why they were searching my room for the missing piece of garment during my absence and why the director of rooms did not talk to me (which i asked for) instead of sending a bottle of soda to my room with a note explaining his regret for the incident.
Definitely not a Four Seasons service.
Probably this never happened before and won't happen again but it did happen with me.
It was an interesting experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
15  Thank EAS777
Reviewed May 31, 2012

To say Hotel des Bergues, The Four Seasons Geneva, is beautiful is a gross understatement. This hotel is the epitome of grace and warmth. It is typical for a five-star hotel such as this--Geneva's original palace hotel, no less, with 178 years to its name--to be cool, if not off-putting. But at Hotel des Bergues, the staff is so warm and welcoming, I felt as if they were proudly inviting me into their home. It is clear that everyone on staff is joyful to be there, and wishes only to share that experience with guests. Evidently, someone there is doing a wonderful job of hiring great people.

The interior is the picture of Versailles...if Versailles were spotless. The color scheme is Wedgwood-blue and sea-green, the colors of the lake. There is an air of authenticity everywhere: the walls are solid (so solid that our 2nd floor junior suite had a charming doorbell, as a knock on the door may or may not be heard); the furniture is solid wood with metal accents; the silk tassel pulls on the rich, blue drapes are immaculate. Our room was even scented via a dish of ceramic potpourri "beads" exuding delicious aromas of chocolate and musk.

And then, there is the food. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast as well as dinner at Il Lago. The tasting meal (Fr. 130) is well worth it for six exquisite courses plus amuses bouches. My family and I sat for three-and-a-half hours at the corner table outside, overlooking the lake, on a warm evening. It was unforgettable.

This is far more than a hotel; it is an experience that washed my memory in the shades of the shining lake, and steeped it in the rare sense of real graciousness.

Room Tip: The sixth-floor rooms have fireplaces, but as of right now, that floor is being renovated in order to add a new spa.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jkiffel
FSGeneva, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear jkiffel,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read about your lovely experience. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive reviews from our guests.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

Warm regards from the shores of Lake Geneva,

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I recently visited your hotel and couldn't have been treated any better. Your concierge staff has a way of making people feel welcome and that anything you need is not a problem. We love to stay in nice hotels and we both felt this was the nicest hotel that we have probably ever stayed in. Sometimes when you stay in a hotel of this caliber it can be stuffy and unwelcoming. That was not the case here. We do not tend to dress up a lot when we travel therefore we don't always fit the elegance that we are surrounded by. We did not feel slighted in any way here. We had a personnel assistant named Anna that was terrific. She did so much research for us. One day when I returned to the room I found a laminated booklet she had made for me from some torn pages out of a travel book that I had kept. The beds were heavenly and the bathroom was wonderfully appointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
FSGeneva, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear Mrs. S,

We would like to thank you for having taken the take to share your lovely comments about your stay with us. They were very much appreciated!

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your husband and yourself again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

Best regards from Geneva,

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed for 3 days at the 4S in Geneva. Had booked a deluxe double and received a nice upgrade to a corner suite. I have not stayed at this particular hotel before, but as it is customary in most swiss 5 star hotels the service and quality level is high - very high. The hotel itself is of course a (very) classic building and the interior was very fitting the property. Personally I am more into super modern design but the execution and quality of the rooms, fittings, anemities made the red rugs and flashy glass tables endurable. Everything felt very crisp and clean. The hotel car pickup and drop off worked without a hitch. The reception upon arrival and general helpfulness of the staff was top notch. Do yourself a favor and be sure to get a room with a view. The view of the jet d'eau on a bright spring day is just awesome and worth the (high) prices. Also the complimentary internet etc. was fine. The toiletries from Acqua Di Parma was also top notch (I am a fan, so I was easy to please in this respect). The only downsides I could really spot if I tried hard, was the lack of furniture in the lobby - a grander lobby would have been nice to sit and enjoy with friends. The alternative at this property was the sitting room / library which was quite dark and could only seat a fairly low amount of people. The bar and the outdoor seating was excellent albeit service was a bit spotty. As soon as the staff in the outside dining area identified you as a guest, the service increased a bit. The food in general was good. Only negative experience I had was spaghetti dish where it seemed like they had dropped way too much olive oil in the bowl - was swimming in the stuff. But the finer french dining and breakfast was excellent.

Overall I would have no problem revisiting this place again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MorganJ
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear MorganJ,

First of all thank you for having taken the time to write about your impressions of your first stay with us.

We were delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our hotel and to read your positive comments.

We have also taken note of your comments in regards to the shortfalls you encountered during your meal at our restaurant. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations with a beautiful experience at either our restaurant or at our beautiful terrace.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2012

“I lived in the nearby countryside of Geneva for ten years and frequently visited Les Bergues. I'd go for lunch on the hotel's sunny, picturesque terrace, and as a meeting place in the serene Les Bar des Bergues, sometimes even as a lucky guest at a lavish cocktail party. This historic hotel has always enjoyed a top reputation, but since its impressive renovation in 2005, it has rightfully become Geneva's most desirable address. It is superbly situated on the bank of Lake Geneva and within clear view of the world's tallest fountain, the Jet d'Eau. Just a short walk to designer boutiques, the financial district and a most charming Old Town. Experience comfort, beauty and unsurpassed service at this classic landmark.”

Room Tip: Occasionally, the lower floors can be bothersome with chatting from La Terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple