Hotel Les Armures
$304
$219
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold cityexcellent lightingnice productsenclosed showerjunior suitefondueboutique hotelbreakfast room islovely hoteleuropean hotelswelcome drinkbeds were comfortableheat waveturn down servicenespresso machinevisit genevaluxury
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on three occasions now, each time traveling with two adults and three small children in our party. We stayed in a junior suite with connecting extra room.

The hotel is a beautiful very old building in the old town, which is a very interesting part of the city to stay. At the same time the hotel is literally only a few steps to to main shopping streets of Geneva including Rue de Rhone.

The rooms are very well appointed. There are no suites as such. the largest room available is a junior suite. However the bathrooms are the best equipped of any hotel bathroom we have every seen.

We have had examples of exceptional service at this hotel. On one occasion, arriving late in the evening I mentioned to the porter that fir the following day I needed to know the location of a bike shop to fix a flat tyre in our pram. By first thing the following morning the porter had himself fixed the flat tyre. This was very impressive.

The buffet breakfast served in breakfast room is also excellent.

Our most recent visit was marred somewhat by the presence of a rather surly young female receptionist. But that is really the only criticism of the hotel I could make. If they were sensible they would move her on.

Overall, very comfortable, great location and reasonable value in what is admittedly a rather expensive city for hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the “Les Armures” Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel cosy & homely.
I was absolutely pleased that you enjoyed the great service you received from our Concierge department, especially the porter who repaired your pram.
I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I hope that we get to meet your expectations once again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Michel Paternotte

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for two days before heading to Val d'Isere (to nurse our jet lag before skiing, since we are from the US).

The location of this hotel is fantastic. There are not many good hotels in the old city. The hotel is next to the old armory and a church. It is a walk up the hill from downtown, but medieval cites were built on hills.

The room was typical European size, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom good size.

Really the best thing about this hotel is the location, location, location....also it has a really great restaurant. The fondue was authentic and delicious.

The staff were helpful and courteous. A very pleasant experience all around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ghasenei
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay at “Les Armures”, in the heart of the Old City.

I am delighted that you enjoyed every part of your stay here and thank you for recommending our restaurant.

We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Geneva,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Firstly, the service is great. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

But the bedroom was on the small side especially considering the price. The bathroom was spotless,The television ancient and the channel selection was awful (no BBC, only one English speaking channel).

Breakfast no more than OK and charging €5 for a boiled egg is extortion. In fact any hot food is an extra.

Clinton and Clooney stayed here but that was many years ago

My concerns are that despite the excellent location this is not a 5 tar hotel - I expect more luxury.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fabphil
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and your positive feedback about the hotel, in particular the service from our staff.

I am disappointed to read that you had a few problems with your television, especially with English Channels. We will have more than 150 channels in a few days. We value your feedback and let it guide us as we continually look to improve.
I should be happy to assist personally when a future occasion arises for you to visited Geneva,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My room was lovely, done in understated beige tones and good-quality furniture. The bed was very comfortable. The room was quiet and squeaky-clean. It is however a very small hotel, so the breakfast room is small and the breakfast itself modest, and you hardly ever see any other guests.

The location looks very central (heart of the medieval town) but in fact it is a little hard to get to by car because of the one-way street system, and by foot it is up a hill from the nearby commercial areas. Still, it isn't far from most downtown institutions or areas that one would care to visit on foot.

There was a billing issue that was presented to me at the last minute. I felt that they should have brought it up the night before when I had explicitly asked to settle my bill in full (and did, or so it seemed) and not the next morning at the very moment I needed to dash for the train station. Still, this sort of thing probably doesn't happen often.

If you want a very high-quality room at a significantly lower price than the older, more-famous hotels downtown, then Les Armures is a good choice. Several well-known personalities seem to have chosen it, too (see the elevator interior).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MannyG2000
mpater, Directeur général at Hotel Les Armures, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of Les Armures Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Also, it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the design of your room
I am disappointed to read that you had a billing issue upon your departure. I assure you that this kind of mishap is unusual in our house. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of service to all our customers.

We look forward to welcome you again to Les Armures, we remain,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is centrally located. It is an old property that has benn completely refurbished into a 21st century hotel. Great for both business and leisure. Breakfast is an option, though there are a number of good coffee houses jusrt around the corner.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business