“Another extraordinary leading hotel”
Review of Hotel d'Angleterre

Hotel d'Angleterre
Ranked #2 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The hotel is overlooking the d Jeau the fountain. What a location . You can't get probably a better location in geneva. It is a historic hotel with beautifully done 40 rooms. You feel like royalty with the kind of service they have. Mary who checked us in was vey helpful and showed the best room the junior suite which is just amazing view . The service is 11 out of 10 . A lot of people earlier commented of noise I think there is none . If you are in geneva and can spend a little more than this the place to stay. You have have coffee at the windows Resturant overlooking the lake. Keep the good work leading hotels . I would love to come back and stay here soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are the best .
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in Geneva for the first time on out travels to Interlochen. I have never stayed at what I felt was a comparable hotel to this. The wait staff, concierge and front desk reception are so overly helpful and welcoming. The hotel itself is the most luxurious, prime location! Not one detail was spared on this hotel and that makes it so amazing. The views from our hotel room at as if we are standing right on lake Geneva! I will be talking about this hotel for many years to come and can only hope to visit again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I go to Geneve regularly on the business trips and like this hotel very much. Before I stayed in several more 5-star hotels in Geneve centre but dÁnglettere is the best. I like everything there especially lake view from the room when I have it. I try to book the lake view room in advance but unfortunately can't get it everytime.
Breakfast- a big choice of pastries, omlettes etc.
Location is THE BEST!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Didier M
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on Sunday the 30th of October for one night. I had a meeting in Geneva on the Monday and as it was Mothers Day on the Sunday my daughter came with me.
We were greeted when we arrived at the hotel like royalty, even the manager was there to greet us. We arrived early as we had a very early flight and we were shown to our room straight away which was wonderful. All the staff during our stay couldn't of been more helpful or attentive. The service was second to none.
The room was beautiful with everything you could wish for in it. The Penhaligans products in the bathroom were wonderful and something you don't normally see in hotels.
The location is perfect and its location makes it accessible to everywhere in Geneva.
In the evening we had a drink in the Leopard bar after we had eaten and the drinks, snacks ( of which there were many) and service was fabulous.
The breakfast the next day was also good with a nice selection of cold breakfast items and a good freshly cooked breakfast as well.
The only downside to this hotel is the price. Its very expensive, however everywhere in Geneva is expensive.
This hotel definitely deserves it 5 star rating.
If or when I return to Geneva I would stay here again and will recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: We didn't have a room with a lake view as we had a standard room. I think these would be the bes...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a colonial-style boutique hotel whose owners have not spared any effort in ensuring the best fixtures,fittings and paintings in decorating the hotel.
Located beside Lake Geneva, half the rooms face the lake and therefore at a premium price.
As noted by others, staff have been trained to know guests by name and are customer-focused.
We signed for the room and dinner package and were happy with the 3-course dinner provided at the inhouse Windows restaurant ..the food is gourmet class.
Downstairs,in the bar there is usually live music provided by the resident jazz band featuring a classy lady jazz singer.
Would definitely return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoctorBakar
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This place is expensive (but Ibis will set you back ~£180 a night), but worth every penny. The hotel manager Jean-Vittal and his team are fantastic!!!! They all know your name, which is nice. Although my wife found it a little too much every time you enter everyone asks how you are.

Location is perfect!!! You can walk from the main train station in 10mins, but is a million miles away from the run down area by the station. You can walk all around the main parts of Geneva from the hotel.

The hotel has a fantastic bar, with the best service we have ever received in a bar!

Penhaligons bathroom products!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kewal B
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We went too Geneva in March 2014 and we want to stay at 5 star hotel . This hotel is some of the most fantastic hotel we have stay on,,even If we have been round the word,,and lot of 5 ,7 star hotels .
Everyone at this hotel try their best to make our stay wonderful ,, the whole staff was great and the night club have very good entertainment and service .

Love to go back

Room Tip: If you stay in centre of town,,there will be some noise from traffic, but it was no problem when you...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple