“Hotel d'Angleterre : Geneva's finest; perfect location; luxury perfection”
Review of Hotel d'Angleterre

Hotel d'Angleterre
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 18, 2008

My wife and I had the pleasure of celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary last week at Hotel d'Angleterre. In all those years , this is without doubt the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We have never been in a five star hotel that comes anywhere near to providing the discreet friendly service and quality of surroundings provided by Hotel d'Angleterre. In addition it is located in the best, and we would say the most beautiful position in Geneva. To top this, the hotel's exquisite Windows restaurant, facing Lake Geneva and the famous Jet d'eau provides cuisine which is gastronimic perfection and an artistic masterpiece of presentation. If you want to indulge in probably one of europe's finest hotel experiences, book Hotel d'Angleterre now! We are going back.
Ian and Angela

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank IANandANGELA
There are newer reviews for Hotel d'Angleterre

Reviewed May 16, 2008

This is a small boutque hotel situated right on Lake Geneva. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. The location is right in the middle of shops, restaurants, gardens and a lot of other activities. You could not choose a better location for a hotel. Although the hotel is older, it has been lovelingly restored. We had a deluxe room with a view of the lake and -although it was small- it was beautiful.. It had a really nice bathroom, a comfortable bedroom and bed , a dressing area and a small sitting area. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel staff. Everyone was very professional, friendly and helpful. They could not do enough for us. Whenever we asked for anything, someone from housekeeping, room service or reception was at our room in five minutes. The service is just excellent. We really enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again and to recommend it to our friends. If you are in Geneva, this is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank casalinda2000
Reviewed February 22, 2008

We loved staying at this small but wonderfully comfortable hotel. Every amenity you would find at home was provided in our room. While the reception area was small, the adjoining restaurant and the waiting area adjoining it made for a nice first impression. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. The location was excellent and after looking at some of the other five star hotels, we would definitely come back. Our room rate included a wonderful breakfast served in lovely surroundings and with a late check out time, we felt we got excellent value in what can be a very expensive city. We found Geneva charming and staying at this hotel contributed to the experience.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewJerseyExplorer
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I can't think of a top hotel with which I have been more impressed. I extended my stay and then extended again - for the sense of sheer comfort, pampering and well being I experienced here. There are grander hotels, maybe, in Geneva, but none, for me, match the intimacy, personal attention and thoroughbred class of this hotel.

The reception and public areas are modest though stylish. The corridors spotless though arguably a little austere. But the rooms are perfect with every little thing you need. I tried two different superior rooms over the duration of my stay - one reminiscent of a gentleman's study/club in furnishings, one more country house bedroom in feel. In both, I could simply sit and spend ages just enjoying the immaculate style of them. The bathrooms and spotless, very modish and luxurious.

Finally the service is, for me, the best type. It is is very professional and efficient but also very warm and genuine. When all the staff know your name, you don't feel it is just a gambit - you feel they are genuinely interested.

The Beau Rivage and Four Seasons may feel more immediately grand - but for my money, niether can match the quality and individuality of design you get at the D'Angleterre. The Cigogne has wonderful character and can work out cheaper, and is one I would also highly recommend - but ultimately I don't think it can rival the quality, comfort and understated sophistication of the D'Angleterre. As with any good design or a good wine, your appreciation of its quality and charms grow over time.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank tomaso38
Reviewed September 23, 2007

I just returned from a week trip in europe. I spent the first nite at the hotel d'angleterre and was very pleased. The check in process was swift, courteous and efficient. As I was being registered, the concierge was there giving me maps and info on geneva. I am a member of Leaders club with LHW which gave me an automatic upgrade at time of booking. I booked the cheapest room ($410) and was upgraded to a superior room. The room was tiny but immaculate with a very comfortable king bed and a spotless bathroom. Over all, I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rentadoc
Reviewed August 20, 2007

What an experience - fantastic hotel with charming staff, who spoke very good english and provided excellent service.
I requested additional towels and pillows on two separate occasions and both were delivered within minutes. Rooms clean and smoke free!
Front office staff were very knowledgeable and helped with planning my daytrips.
Beautiful location, close to city centre, easy for airport and trips along the lake.
Definately recommend and great location for trips around the lake.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank yetanothertraveller
Reviewed May 8, 2007

My husband and I found this hotel to be extraordinary in every way and beautifully managed. We stayed six nights while on vacation and had difficulty pulling ourselves away from the d'Anglaterre on Lake Geneva. It would be equally exceptional while on business. The staff are all extremely courteous, attentive and discreet. We arrived early afternoon on a Saturday and all staff already knew our names at dinner and at breakfast the following morning. The property itself is superb with a stunning location, and the amenities are five-star, including the cuisine at Windows Restaurant and the ambience and service at the Leopard Bar. Coffee ordered early in the morning through room service was delivered in about five minutes. Sonia Mathy, Maitre D', was welcoming and made us feel at home at Windows. Bruno Pensa, Head Concierge, and his team, quietly and efficiently answered questions and helped with reservations and purchasing of train tickets to Zurich. The element we appreciated most at the hotel was the atmosphere of discretion and the absolute quiet and tranquility. We had a lovely deluxe room with a lake view on the fourth floor.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple