“Best hotel of our trip to Switzerland”
Review of Hotel d'Angleterre

Hotel d'Angleterre
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We traveled for a week in June 2013 around Switzerland, and Hotel d'Angleterre was by far the best place we stayed during our trip. They greeted us with absolute kindness. The room was beautiful, clean, quiet and comfortable. And the location was great. The shower and bath were both amazing. I ended up getting sick while I was there, and the hotel staff walked me to the doctor, spoke French to the receptionist to get me an appointment and made sure I was taken care of. It was a huge kindness to me, and I really felt that it went above and beyond any other hotel I have stayed in. The breakfast was also amazing. Great experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CathyZ370
There are newer reviews for Hotel d'Angleterre

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for the first time at the Hotel d'Angleterre and I can assure you we will return for another visit. Everything about this hotel is top calibre. Staff are professional, welcoming and very helpful. Our room was one that had been recently renovated, as have been 1/3 of the rooms recently. Room furnishings were superior, from the silk wall coverings, window treatments and bed cover, the amazingly attractive art, and the large marble bathroom. The hotel leaves nothing to chance; it seems everything is well-thought out to guarantee guests have a beautiful experience while staying in the hotel. We enjoyed the Leopard Room for drinks before dinner. Great entertainment (band) and again wonderful wait staff. Dinner followed in Windows. Again, our experience was positive. Unfortunately, they were out of lamb, but beef entrees were great. Our only real regret is we could only be there one night. If you plan to be in the Geneva area, don't miss out on a stay at this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The minute we arrived in a taxi at this hotel, we were aware that this hotel was special. The desk was manned by two smiling friendly staff, Marco and Amilie. Exceptional attitude and competence. The room was beautiful with every possible convenience. I appreciate beautiful bathrooms and this one was outstanding! The turndown service included candles and little muffins on the pillows. We had made reservations at the hotel's restaurant for the first evening. A table by the window was lovely to watch the sun go down and the variety of people passing by. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Not inexpensive but you should splurge every now and then!
The hotel is very centrally located facing the river/lake. Very easy to get back and forth to the old city with St. Peter's Cathedral and expensive shops.
My husband loved the atmosphere in the downstairs bar...the Leopard. We also appreciated the selection in the breakfast room and need to give a special recognition to Franck and Emilie for treating us like very special guests.
There is a reason that Trip Advisor has this hotel as #1 in Geneva...can't imagine anything being better!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The service at this hotel is excellent. You are treated as loyalty the minute you step in.

The hotel is right on the lake and great for access to restaurants and downtown.

The leopard bar is also nice.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank William E
Jean-Vital D, General Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Tim,

Thank you very much for these very nice words. I'am really glad you've feld treated lke royalty. For your next visit, we will change your status from Prince to King !

I really look forward to greet you soon at the hotel.

Royal regards,

Jean-Vital Domézon

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been many times in this hotel. Since I first visited The Milestone in London years ago, I got in love with their hotels. Service is absolutely first class! Location is prime. The Leopard is my favourite bar in Europe by far.... - only issue would be the restaurant. For a middle to long term stay is too "gourmet" after a few days.... but this is common in Switzerland. Restaurants in hotels of this class are in permanent competition to outclass each other.... and the food becomes too heavy or even boring.... Remedy? Eat at the Leopard! Good tapas, sandwiches, otherwise lighter choices. After 10 days travelling the first thing I long for, is "comfort food"...

Apart from these VERY PERSONAL tastes, the hotel is in a class of its own...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank richard b
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel excels in the amazing service it provides, every single employee you come in contact with is absolutely wonderful. The concierge services in particular were really exceptional, for example we wanted to rent a boat for a couple of hours to tour close areas on the lake, and in about 1 hour a private, brand new, staffed boat was waiting for us just across the street from where the hotel is.

One note though, we booked 1 double room and 2 suites so I was able to see the differences in decor, view, etc.. and while they were very tastefully decorated, they were a bit underwhelming in that they were not very comfortable nor spacious enough.

Finally, the Windows restaurant in the hotel should not be missed.

Room Tip: The suites with the lake are actually not the best suites in terms of size and quality.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am a regular at the Leopard Room - every time I visit Geneva. It is unparalleled in the service, the ambiance and the music. I have never recieved better service anywhere in the world, without exception. From the first visit, the staff remember you and your preferences and make sure every need is met - without being intrusive. The ambiance is warm and friendly and a touch exotic. Every evening there is live music - always a bit laid back - but if you are inspired to dance - its lively enough. I cant find enough superlatives to describe the experience in this bar. Outstanding!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business