“Always on top !”

Hotel d'Angleterre
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my second stay at the d'Angleterre, the last one was back in 2008. The experience is even better than in my memory, the restaurant is great with great service, the Leopard room is to me the most cosy and nice bar in town. Service remains there impeccable and extremely reactive.
The rooms are very nice and large for the city. Being very used to stay in the Red Carnation hotels I had the same great feeling and experience I usually have in the other properties although each hotel remains different, I could keep my landmarks. Highly recommended !

Room Tip: View on the lake is awesome, among the best. Various great quality restaurants steps from the hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel d'Angleterre

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel not only lived up to our high expectations (after reading reviews) but exceeded them. The staff are a credit to themselves and to their employers. Luxurious and comfortable surroundings in an ideal location - perfect .

Room Tip: Front or side view room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel simply has it all – fantastic location with many rooms having a view of the lake right opposite one of the most famous Geneva’s attractions The Jet d'Eau fountain – we could literally see it without leaving our bed! Talking of which it was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and I am a very regular traveller. Wonderful quality of the bed and bed linen would offer you the best quality of sleep in Geneva – that’s for sure. But if you don’t feel like sleeping much – this hotels has the most fantastic bar with great atmosphere – it seems to be very popular and almost impossible to get in if you are not a hotel guest. Our room was in wonderful condition and the bathroom just renovated. They also have very attentive and well-trained staff – everyone smiles and running to tend to your every request. The concierges called a dozen shops for us to search my favourite fashion label. We will be back!

Room Tip: rooms with the view of the lake are amazing
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RuFox
Jean-Vital D, General Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Sir,

Your comment is the most rewarding answer to the wonderful team I work with. I feel really proud of their commitment when reading your message. Thank you very much you your wonderful feed back. Our philosophy at Red Carnation Hotels is "no detail to small no request too large" : details as the quality of beds and challenges such as helping you to find your favourite fashion label!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a wonderful 5 star boutique hotel in an enviable position overlooking the lake.

Most importantly, the staff are just fantastic. I've rarely encountered such a dedicated and professional team.

Thoroughly, thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

After trying in vain to find a hotel that is even reasonably good for the price in Geneva, I decided to stay at Angleterre on a recommendation (and Tripadvisor's reviews). I did not regret it: the service, the room, the food, everything was close to flawless (see below for one gripe). In some ways, this hotel has reconciled with me with the city, on which I had increasingly soured because of awful service, lack of cleanliness and general carelessness (and that is just the top hotels). From the doormen to the reception (thank you for being patient with my credit card issues) to the concierge to the waiters to housekeeping, I found a level of quality that I thought had disappeared in Geneva, and which makes all the difference between an indifferent stay (even when the room and location are good) and a wonderful one. The decor in the room, as in the bar, was a little over the top, but I enjoyed the contrast with the sobriety of the hotel otherwise, as well as with the dourness of the city. My one gripe: a spotty Internet connection, but even with this, all involved tried relentlessly to improve the situation, which (nearly) made up for the problem. I will not stay anywhere else in Geneva.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for this exceptional comment that does represent everything that we, as a team, are aiming for on a daily basis. We all feel proud that your experience in our hotel has reconciled you with our marvellous city of Geneva. Just to reassure you for your next stay, our Wi-Fi has been corrected : feel free to come back to test it and enjoy the hotel.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you area looking for a cozy home away from home this is the hotel for your visit to Geneva. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The staff is wonderful professional and reliable. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and will return to Angleterre.

I have stayed in the winter as well as the summer the location is great!

We have had dinner several times at the restaurant if you love haute cuisine the chef is amazing. I am a chef little does he know and every taste is delightful. I hope you enjoy your stay in Geneva as much.

Room Tip: 427 this room is quiet with a partial view of the lake
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Located magically on the Quai du Mont-Blanc this hotel will charm you from the moment you enter the small but elegant lobby to the moment you are shown to your room; rooms overlooking the lake are the prized rooms offering point blank views of the Jet d'Eau, Mont Blanc and the French alps behind; rooms are spacious and immaculate with levels of cleanliness that most other hotels simply dream of offering; attentive staff, excellent room service and the fact that you can walk from this hotel to the old part of Geneve easily make the Hotel d'Angleterre perhaps the best hotel in Geneva; Windows restaurant is a lovely place to linger over lunch as the snow falls outside ....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are worth the premium; however any room at this hotel will please you with the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MDAP
Jean-Vital D, General Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear MADP,

Reading your review is a reward for all the team of the Hotel d'Angleterre. Thank you very much. You have mentioned how confortable our Windows Restaurant is when the weather turns to snow. This morning, you would have been able to enjoy a unique breakfast as we've had over 25 cm of snow during the night: the view on the shores is outstanding, immaculate and calm. The whole Geneva seems so peaceful...

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel d'Angleterre shortly.