“Service, ambience and space design fantastic”

Le Bistrot de Charlotte
Reserve with
Le Bistrot de Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 1,787 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Gervais Les Bergues
Description: OPEN EVERYDAY This is a wonderful french bistrot which are cooking only fresh foods in traditionnal atmosphere of parisian brasserie. The design is completely looks a old bistrot that you can find in St germain in Paris. The foods are delicate and tasty, we cook a traditionnal Sirloin Steak from Charolais, Sea bream, sea bass, Foie gras Supreme Breast of chicken, Asparagus, Burger, Roast Lamb shop etc...We also propose every night from 6.00Pm a wine bar where you can have nice aperitives serves with a selection of tapas.... From Monday to saturday 12am to 2pm and 6pm to 10pm.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Carolyn our waitress was fantastic. She spoke English! Willingly. Dinner without the attitude is very rare. Amazing truffles and scrambled eggs. The eggs were insanely light. Still thinking about them. The scallops and mash were lovely. Very unique take on mash. Creamy. Lovely sauce too. Was too full for dessert. The bathroom was spacious and spotless. The main room space is divided using columns. This and table layout creates intimacy for each table. Very interesting art - basic but pleasant. Good music. CHF 200 for 3 entrees, dinners, wine, tea and coke. Good for Geneva

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am a pretty picky person when it comes to finding restaurants in cities where I am traveling on business. I want a chic environment without an overly fussy staff. Le Bistrot de Charlotte was just what I needed after a busy work schedule in Geneva. The bar staff were unassuming and efficient. I was recommended a lovely Chablis with the best home cooked chips I have ever tasted. After a bit of work at the bar I moved to a lovely table in the main restaurant where the clientele were mixed and curiously very friendly. Maybe it was the convivial atmosphere. On ordering the service was sublime and sufficiently attentive without being fawning. The food was delicious. The menu was a bit limiting. I would have loved a good warm Goat cheese salad or an equivalent instead of the more fat laden offerings. I did say I was in Paris in Geneva. I would definitely return and make this little gem a venue I would call home.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

It helped that my colleague's husband knows every restaurant in Geneva and knows the family that runs Le Bistrot de Charlotte and the provenance of everyone who works in the kitchen. Try the salade Lyonnaise. Try the steak tartare. Try whatever. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I go to Geneva every two weeks and like to find nice cosy restaurants which at times in Geneva is a struggle, especially if you want to keep it reasonably priced. That didn't entirely work though as I still find dining in Geneva overpriced, but we certainly got a lot more value for our money than a lot of other places in Geneva. The restuarant is located two steps from Hotel des Bergues, and it has the typical brasserie atmosphere which is getting harder and harder to find. The food is certainly very traditional French-Swiss cuisine, but very tasty and nice portions. OUr main course entrecote was simply perfect. Topping this with a great and nicely priced winelist, and you get a great meal. I was here with clients and they loved it as well. Not the stuffy place they usually end up in, but a typical brasserie, easy going. The staff was fantastic: very friendly, and overal very professional. I will certainly come back here again!

1  Thank Cis_Lux
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We chose this restaurant because we were all tired from our travel. We wanted a nice meal without having to search far and wide. After only a few minutes we knew we had stumbled onto a wonderful choice. Our waitress enjoyed serving us. The food was excellent. The kitchen prepared each dish with pride. My salad was a work of art. My wife's fish filet was grilled perfectly. When our waitress made an error with our order she did not hesitate, she took responsibility for our enjoyment immediately and had the kitchen prepared the correct dish. We could not have been happier with a meal in Geneva than we were at Le Bistrot du Charlotte.