“A moment in old Switzerland”
Review of Au Petit Chalet

Au Petit Chalet
Ranked #139 of 1,818 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cornavin
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Good food, a pleasure to eat there, very traditional Swiss bistro and a disappearing experience, sadly. Wonderfully cosy and kitsch, very good food and prices for Geneva.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The menu is large and varied. You can have anything from a "Fitness Plate" (a large salad with some lean meat/fish) to Pizza and Fondue. The prices are not cheap but average for Geneva. Quality is good. Service is friendly and efficient and speaks English too. The decor is a mix of homely and touristy, with a cozy outside area. The restaurant is located close to the train station near some bars and shadier locales, so there are always opportunities to people-watch when sitting outside.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I visited Au Petit Chalet in april 2013. Restaurant situated on Rue Berne close to Geneve Railway Station. Au Petit Chalet specialises in swiss cuisine. Everything was good but not so tasty how expensive. Even for Geneve!

1  Thank izamjatin
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff as it was close by and had reasonable prices for Geneva. Food was excellent and prices are good for Geneva. We sat outside on the patio to enjoy the sights of the street and people watch. Service was good (had English speaking staff). We ended up eating there two more nights. Lots of fun.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Restaurant is close to the train staion. Lots of restaurants nearby. I was attracted by the wooden tables and they provide English menu.

I ordered snails (6) with herbs (CHF 12) as apertizer. This dish can't be wrong in France. Even if it is in Swiss, the snails came with too much water inside, but as the snails are fresh, it is still acceptable.

My main course is duck breast (CHF 32). When it first arrived to my table, the presentation is OK. But when I ate it, most of the breasts are too raw that I could not even chew. I have to ask the waitress to change it. But when it came back, obviously the chef did NOT cook a new dish for me, they just re-cooked those which are raw. And now this time the breasts are burned with only half the size of what a dish should be. The waitress must have seen this but she simply neglected it.

On the menu it says the duck breast go with the fries. As I don't want it, I ask to change for potatoes. But when I checked the bill afterwards, it became a dish and charged CHF 7.

Totally I spent CHF 55.5 for a rubbish dinner. OK, he interior decoration is nice. The waiter was good in helping me to take picures. But that will not compensate the bad food. I have been writing hundreds of food critics about restaurants locally in Hong Kong and I have never experienced food like this.

2  Thank LucerneSau