“Not bad, but really overestimated”
Review of La Pignata

La Pignata
Ranked #73 of 1,732 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: PIZZA AUX CHOIX A L'EMPORTER 10 CHF!!!
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went there for a pizza, because we are italians and a lot of people suggested us the place. In fact we ate a pizza that wasn't bad at all, but nothing spectacular. The thing that was really missing compared to italian restaurants was italian hospitality! Just after finishing they asked us to move away to leave the table free..really rude at all! Price is alligned to the average in town.

3  Thank Jacopo L
There are newer reviews for La Pignata

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went here for a Saturday lunch and all ordered a pizza. Service is good and quick. Pizzas are also of good quality and quite large. I don't know about the other things they serve, but at least they have quite a big choice. Would go back again.

2  Thank kamukwam
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I were in the neighborhood, used Tripadvisor to find this place. Excellent pizza, and the waiter - a charming Italian - recommended a really chewy wine, not expensive. I strongly recommend this place. It's not fancy - but lively - full on a Wednesday night - with a table of Swiss soldiers having a dinner celebrating something - and a generally light atmosphere.

2  Thank Pakdog
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent pizza, homely service - I love la Pignata. My favorite is margherita, heard other pizzas are delicious too. Good food, friendly owners and buzzing atmosphere - a little gem centrally located in Planpalais. And yes, it makes sense to book, as it is usually quite busy.

3  Thank Isabelle B
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good Italian food near Plainpalais. The restaurant offers a few seats outside and the inside is not very large, approx. 50 seats, but the tables are very close, resulting in difficult conversations. When I went to half past twelve that day, full restaurant, luckily we had booked.

That day I took the "Thai Style Tortellini" ie spinach tortellini with chicken and curry sauce. Well prepared and nice portion. Otherwise, the pizzas look OK but not tasted. Fresh bread also available. Finally, I found it strange that they serve without asking for a glass of limancello at the end of the meal to each customer because I noticed that about 1 glass of 2 is not drunk. Bizarre as practical. Apart from that the service is just okay but a bit slow for lunch.

Areas for improvement: