Auberge de Saviese
Ranked #20 of 1,774 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: European, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: L'Auberge de Saviese is a Cafe Restaurant full of charm and authenticity, located in the heart of the Paquis area. There, for more than fifty years, the restaurant has been perpetuating Swiss culinary traditions. You'll be able to discover regional specialties such as raclette, Cheese Fondue "Maison" or the special "Half & Half" Cheese Fondue. we also offer "Fondue Bourguignonne", "Fondue Chinoise" and "Fondue Bressane" as well as a large selection of pub meals. During the winter, in the warm and rustic ambiance of our Carnotzet, or in summer on the cool terraces, come and enjoy a happy and cordial atmosphere. The new staff will be delighted to welcome and advise you.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The front desk clerk at the hotel had recommended this place for fondue, so we had him set up the reservations.

For two of us (me and the boyfriend) - we opted for a cheese fondue (the house specialty) and a meat fondue; and I made a point to make sure they understood we only wanted ONE portion of each (as we were on a bit of a budget and we didn't think we needed two full portions of each fondue).

OMG ! The amount of food that came with each "single" portion of the fondue was enough for 3 or 4 people, not just us two. And when I commented to the server about all the dished coming out (thinking maybe we had been written up for two servings of each) - he re-assured us that the amount we were being given was for what we had ordered.

When all was said and done, and we convinced the server to NOT bring us more meat (as we wanted dessert); we ordered dessert. My beau had an apricot sorbet which was fantastic, and I had ordered a flaming parfait (with the brandy). Is it wrong to repeat the OMG? We were so full, we almost felt like we'd have to be rolled back to our hotel.

Everything was fantastic and so reasonably priced for all that we ate ! Highly recommend and would definitely go back if in the area !!!

1  Thank Shawn K

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice raclette and nice side dishes. Decent wine list at acceptable prices for Geneve. Very busy restaurant. Tables and chairs crammed in together with no extra elbow room. Excellent service. Warm, heartfelt reception and farewell. Suggest reservations are necessary.

4  Thank sfoiad_guy
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I love fondue and having never been to Switzerland, motherland of the stuff, I had to venture out for a lunch treat. I went to Auberge de Saviese upon recommendation and was not disappointed. I had the house cheese fondue and now am regretting I didn't try the champagne-- though the house one was spectacular! I am used to how we've Americanized it and we dip apples and veggies so I was expecting a bit of that but the bread is so excellent in Europe that it was fine on its own! I tried the raclette too-- I'm all for "when in Rome"-- and that was interesting and worth having again. The wait staff was really friendly and nice and the place was cozy with big windows to watch the snow coming down. Mulled wine was a treat. It's not cheap, but nothing in Switzerland is anyway! I would recommend this to anyone looking for some authentic fondue experience.

2  Thank KimberlyMaynard
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We got what we wanted here. Cosy restaurant, friendly staff, quick service, busy, lovely atmosphere and that's all before how great the simple food was. We had champagne fondue which was simply delicious and a goats cheese salad which was tasty. The rest of our party had the cognac fondue which seemed a little on the potent side compared to the champagne version but still delicious and a cold meat platter. Overall it is well worth a visit but i'd recommend to book. We were lucky that they managed to squeeze us in but we still needed to wait for an hour.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

When in Switzerland you have to have fondue. This was a cramped, but busy restaurant in a good location. The service was fast but they didn't rush me even though they were very busy. The fondue was tasty and bread the was fresh. The tomato salad was also fresh.