“Great Swiss food”

Auberge de Saviese
Ranked #19 of 1,759 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: European, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: L'Auberge de Saviese is a Cafe Restaurant full of charm and authenticity, located in the heart of the Paquis area. There, for more than fifty years, the restaurant has been perpetuating Swiss culinary traditions. You'll be able to discover regional specialties such as raclette, Cheese Fondue "Maison" or the special "Half & Half" Cheese Fondue. we also offer "Fondue Bourguignonne", "Fondue Chinoise" and "Fondue Bressane" as well as a large selection of pub meals. During the winter, in the warm and rustic ambiance of our Carnotzet, or in summer on the cool terraces, come and enjoy a happy and cordial atmosphere. The new staff will be delighted to welcome and advise you.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We took some clients there on the weekend, they loved it. The place was packed but extremely helpful and the food was top notch. including the deserts! Fondue au Poivre Vert – Green Pepper & Shallots was delicious as was the Fondue Bourguignonne - steak fondue. My Vegetarian Girlfriend loved it as it had 3 things she loves, cheese, potatoes and gherkins! We washed it down with the Fendant Dame a local swiss white wine and was not disappointed. It makes such a pleasant change from all these business meals!! I have had the Raclette on a previous occasion and can vouch for that as well.

1  Thank Nicolas P

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My first ever review so please bear with me; Went to restaurant as only 100yds from our Hotel, the Novotel, really busy -lucky to get a table without booking at 09.00pm on a friday night. Warm friendly atmosphere from staff and customers - everyone seemed happy to be there and a lot of locals; which to me is usually a good sign. We had lasagnes and a steak; both were excellent. My sons first ever steak and it was soft and tender and cooked as ordered;lovely. side order salad was fresh; i say this because so often you get a salad that is so limp it seems to be apologising for itself; but this was as fresh as if you had just done it yourself. Service was really good; prompt and friendly. Price wise not cheap -but if you compare to Geneva prices it was very good value. i'm very picky with hotels and restaurants; but i would gladly eat here again. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

With so many overpriced and frankly pretensious restaurants in town, my wife and I came across this little restaurant by chance and we immendiately liked the traditional feeling reflected in the funitures and menu. We love cheese, so the choice of fondue as main course was never in doubt, after sharing a starter of local charcuterie. Both very good but for me the fondue was the highlight. Friendly service and nice atmosphere completed a good night out.

1  Thank Emanuele F
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled across this place after we tried to go to Edelweiss (it's shut on Sundays) and I'm kind of glad we did.

My wife and I ordered the Raclette to start, which was all gooey and served with plenty of potatoes and pickles/ onions. We shared a beef fondue, which was excellent, very nice (and large) pieces of steak. Good novelty factor as well, what with the fondue kit.

Waiting staff were all great, and put up well with our limited French, price wasn't too bad considering it's in Geneva. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We ate here on the last night of a two-week plus European vacation. My husband was looking for a last hit of local food and the menu appeared to have that potential. Dinner was good, friendly service and atmosphere, but I have to rave about the Meringues with Gruyere Creme. Holy cow! I generally don't have dessert because it's never as good as it looks or worth the calories, but this was simply amazing. Apparently this creme is unique to this area of Switzerland, and thank goodness, or it would be my mean a serious increase in my weight.

1  Thank Teri B