“Fantastic food, but tends to be very busy...”
Review of vino olio cafe

vino olio cafe
Ranked #381 of 1,743 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bourg-de-Four
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I love this place for lunch, but one has to plan ahead and book a table.... high demand at most times (even for dinner one is advised to book).

The food - excellent (I have my favourites on the menu and the restaurant has never failed to deliver in terms of the quality of the food).

The service - the restaurant can be busy but I don't have any complaints. Always treated well by the waitresses (and waiter).

The ambience - cosy little place, nice decor, decent spot in the old town.

Overall, for me, this is on my top 5 places in Geneva.

1  Thank SUTR001

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Vino Olio Cafe used to be a nice place offering a great range of pasta dishes with the famous Burrata. I also remember the owner being welcoming.
The last visit has been a disappointment as the waitress was extremely rude.

2  Thank PacificTraveler13
Reviewed April 28, 2013

They charge you if you get a tap water for your meal. Not the first time I've heard of this so let it slide.

Then we turned off the lamp that was by my friend's face because it was too bright and hot. The waitress came by, reached over, and turned on the lamp without saying anything. We turned it off again.

She told us, "excuse me, you have to turn it on for the ambiance of the restaurant".

The lamp was tiny. It affected no one but us.

I asked, "who is the customer here?"

She replied, "customers don't have all the rights".

It was only when her colleague told her to stop, and the couple next to us said that their lamp was too bright as well, that she stopped talking back to me.

Tip = 0 CHF

3  Thank Shmrhn
Reviewed April 22, 2013

VOC (pour les intimes) is a very sure bet. The pasta is always good, the waitress always has a smile and nice word to drop, and the wine list never disappoints. The only drawback might be the price, as a pasta + wine dinner ends up north of CHF 50.-

2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A cute and cosy restaurant in the old city of Geneva with great pasta and ambience. Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank 8tash8