“Average tasting pizza, excellent presentation. Totally, totally, overpriced”

Pizzeria Ristorante Molino, Molard Geneve
Ranked #223 of 1,786 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Description: Our Pizzeria Ristorante Molino awaits you at the Place du Molard in the heart of the city centre of Geneva. We offer you two floors of typical italian ambiance to enjoy deliciously home-made pizzas, fresh pasta varieties, carefully selected meat and fish dishes as well as an impressive choice of sumptuous desserts. To complement any meal, we also offer an extensive list of wines. Equally we invite you to dine on our large terrace and take delight in watching the on-goings of the beloved Place du Molard while spoiling your taste buds.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Totally, totally overpriced pizza, water, drinks EVERYTHING. Tastes good, but totally unjustifiable prices. They alway 'forget' to bring anything which might usually be complementary in a restaurant like a jug of water or bread and a small bottle of a non-alcoholic drink is 6chf! Everytime I go back, prices have increased again. Good food, nicely presented, but better possibilities are possible in other parts of Geneva.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The location of the Restaurant is amiable, snuggled in an open square in the shadow of a small charming clock tower, and next to a flower shop vendor. I immediately became attracted to it.

The atmosphere was very busy and the waiters did not realize we were waiting to be seated. I approached one as he was checking out another guest and asked in English to sit at an empty table in the square. He pointed to a table and handed us our menus written in French. For 15mins we scoured over our menus desperately trying to remember my high school french class with minimal results.

Finally our waiter came who spoke English and exchanged our menus for English ones and took our drink order of water. It arrived 6mins later as tap water poured in a nice glass bottle for sharing, and a free appetizer of bread and dipping oil. We were not ready to order yet therefore our waiter ran off to effectively help other people.

We've been on a road trip throughout Europe including Greece and Italy. Due to this I had been on a pizza fix and had been disappointed thus far with the pizza I had tried in these pizza-signature countries.
So I figured lets give Switzerland a chance with pizza.
We like spice, so we ordered a pizza that's known to be spicy, I can't remember what it was called. We also ordered a salad and red wine with our food. While my children each ordered a kids meal each varying in different pastas.
Our food arrived approx 30mins later. This wait would be annoying to some, but we had no schedule and enjoyed relaxing and watching the buzz of the street. Our children got restless but we were able to walk around the closed flower shop and peer through the windows to pass the time.
Our pizza was a good size for two and my husband and I shared it. And finally after all the miles through eight different countries I was finally impressed with the pizza that had laid before me and was now delighting my internal organs. The pizza was spicy, yet not too much to take away from it's flavor. It might possibly be the best pizza I've had in my life yet! -My husband and I bartered over the last piece!
The wine was alright being it was the cheaper house wine and we shared this as well.

After our meal we were ready for dessert. Our kids meals came with a free scoop of Gelato. So my husband and I wanted to order our own dessert. We waited another 10mins after we were done eating for the opportunity to ask for a dessert menu. Once again we struggled with what the items were. So I walked into the restaurant to view the glass display case of desserts. Not able to decide between the great deliciousness before me; I ordered two for my husband and I to sample together.

So we waited a few mins for dessert and even a longer time to receive our receipt. Enough that we would have been upset if on a schedule, but on this night we were free and welcomed our free time together. The prices here are average to Geneva but since my husband and I share most our meals and eat smaller portions and the kids meals being cheaper, our bill was quite affordable to standards.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We ate pizza and had some drinks. Overall not bad but very expensive for the value. Service is good and restaurant is clean.

1  Thank Vic P
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just in the center. so you can shop, walk around and then sit for rest for a coffee or to have lunch or dinner. Very crowded all the time but definitely worth eating. The spicy olive oil starter is great. ( Although makes you eat lots of bread you should try) Everything is very tasty. Portions are big for me. Staff is very attentive and lively. Never miss a chance to eat there when I am in Geneva.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Chose this restaurant for completely the wrong reasons because it was busy and had a good atmosphere - but to Order a drink took 15mins then to get the drink took another 15mins in the end I had to ask as we were so thirsty from our drive from the alps how much longer put drinks would be. The table we had been given was a split table and they created a 6in gap between us and the lady next to us but may as well been together also we had no condiments as the other side of the 6in gap, So we had to ask for everything once the food arrived. The food was good but they definitely need more staff !! It was great people watching as it's all about location location location and I'm sure they don't been care about these reviews hence they are so far down.