“We planned to eat here, but...”

Pizzeria Ristorante Molino, Molard Geneve
Ranked #317 of 1,678 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Description: Our Pizzeria Ristorante Molino awaits you at the Place du Molard in the heart of the city centre of Geneva. We offer you two floors of typical italian ambiance to enjoy deliciously home-made pizzas, fresh pasta varieties, carefully selected meat and fish dishes as well as an impressive choice of sumptuous desserts. To complement any meal, we also offer an extensive list of wines. Equally we invite you to dine on our large terrace and take delight in watching the on-goings of the beloved Place du Molard while spoiling your taste buds.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We planned to eat here, but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I spoke to a waiter who directed us to sit at a table on the patio. We browsed the menu which seemed to offer a pretty good selection of food at decent prices for the area (I was planning to order one of the pizzas for under 20 E). We waited at one table for a couple of minutes, but noticed that another table was actually set with silverware and napkins (ours was not). We got up and moved to the other table, and continued to browse the menu and attempt to get the attention of a waiter to take our order. At some point, I noticed that I had gotten some bird droppings on my hand from handling the menu (there were birds all over the place, including on the tables). I went to find a bathroom to wash my hands. When I returned to the table, we waited for another five minutes or so for someone to come take our order. When no one did, we got up and left. Even though we didn't sample the food, I'll give this place two stars for menu selection and price (and the food we saw others eating looked good), but the lack of attention or service after waiting as long as we did was unacceptable - and the presence of the bird droppings didn't help (when my husband got back to the hotel, he discovered that he had some on the back of his shirt - gross).

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lk8709

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Average Food with poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went to Molino in La Praille, Geneva. This restaurant is part of a chain and claims that they only use the best ingredients. The food is nothing more than average. The two pieces of fish on my plate were unevenly cooked (The different size of the two pieces was not taken into account). The serving staff, mainly Italian, were somewhat arrogant and the service extremely slow:

Large outdoor seating in a concrete courtyard in front of the Geneva football stadium. Much better Italian restaurants can be found elsewhere in Geneva

• Visited June 2013
Israel
“Slow service, only half decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Service was slow and snobby.
Had some spaghetti all'arrabbiata, was spelled correctly but was basically tomato sauce with salt, nothing more.
Asked for some pepper sauce, didn't have any but had peppered oil.

It was expensive and was unjustified.

• Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Plain pasta and rissoto, snob service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a terrible diner at this restaurant. We went there the night before the Geneva's marathon to load on pasta. We had the risotto with asparagus and parmesan. My husband had the pasta with seafood. It was plain-plain-plain. I doubt they used a proper rice to make risotto. The waiter never smile to us. He seemed annoyed with us, looking at the ceiling while we were ordering. He was confused with our order (who gets what). The waiters were all eating pizzas (we had an early diner) so I guess the pizzas are better than pasta. Nobody was helpful with us when we trid to reach the bathroom with our baby in his stroller. Horrible experience!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Helene P
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
“Expensive Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Packed at all times of day, service is quite slow but steady. Quality of food is good and I was never disappointed with the food. The vegetarian options are not too limited.

1 Thank Amesthyite