“Pleasant outdoor setting but poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria Ristorante Molino, Molard Geneve

Pizzeria Ristorante Molino, Molard Geneve
Ranked #313 of 1,667 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Description: Our Pizzeria Ristorante Molino awaits you at the Place du Molard in the heart of the city centre of Geneva. We offer you two floors of typical italian ambiance to enjoy deliciously home-made pizzas, fresh pasta varieties, carefully selected meat and fish dishes as well as an impressive choice of sumptuous desserts. To complement any meal, we also offer an extensive list of wines. Equally we invite you to dine on our large terrace and take delight in watching the on-goings of the beloved Place du Molard while spoiling your taste buds.
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant outdoor setting but poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Set in a traffic-free square just a minute away from Lake Geneva, this seemed an ideal spot for a late dinner at the end of a glorious summer's day. But the waiters seemed more interested in chatting to each other and to passers-by than in serving diners. We waited a long time for our main course, only to find that one of the meals was completely wrong. The waiter apologised for getting it wrong and took it away. When the replacement arrived, it was still wrong but my companions had almost finished eating and I was hungry. I accepted the dish but it was hardly worth the wait. The pasta was OK but the sauce was bland. My partner said her Bruschette Misti starter was very good.

• Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
“unacceptable service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We ordered pizzas and asked about the size of them as there were 2 of us and our 2 kids (7 yr. old and 11yr.). The waiter said that we should order one for each person. When the food came, we saw that 2 of those pizzas would have been enough for any family of four. We asked the waiter to take back at least one of the 4 that he brought. He refused, acting as if he was done serving and could not care less about our requests. A manager came by later to collect on the bill - a very obnoxious guy in a suit saying that the size of pizza was "normal " for him and that he was not required to care if it was too big for us. I've never seen such service before - a waiter in any dinner in USA has more class than these goons in suits that rip off tourists on pizzas.

Visited August 2012
Lausanne, Switzerland
“DOC pizzas are great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The DOC pizzas, made of mozarella di buffala, are great. The terrace is nice in summer. But the service is quite slow and not very friendly.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank w0rld-citiz3n
Geneva, Switzerland
“The other Molino restaurants are better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We often go to the other restaurants in Thonex and La Praille. I sometimes end up at this one when it doesn't look too busy. This one is very below par. The service is absolutely abominable and the waiters are often stressed out.The food can vary tremendously even when several people order the same dish! The menu is vast though and there will be something for everyone...The Molino in Thonex has the best service and most consistent food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Baden, Switzerland
“Decent food, but not a great experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I normally eat at Molino in Zürich, and thought it would be a good bet to have lunch at their Geneva restaurant. My wife and I found a table outside and were greeted by the waitress right away. She was very friendly, no problems there. I went to use the restrooms, and was very disappointed by the strong urine smell in the Men's room. This was not the best start to a pleasant culinary experience.
I chose a pizza, while my wife chose gnocchi, which was to be prepared in a tomato sauce, with San Daniele prosciutto and truffle. The food arrived in a decent amount of time. My pizza, however, was not hot off the oven. It had obviously sat for a while and had cooled off, definitely a pet peeve for me. It just changes the taste and complexion of the pizza, in my opinion, and resulted in a disappointing experience. My wife's dish was good, but it didn't appear to have prosciutto, but diced ham instead (same animal, but big difference), and there was no hint of truffle whatsoever. You just can't miss the smell and flavor of truffle, and it was definitely absent from the dish. Considering the truffles were the reason my wife chose the dish, that's just bad.
Compared to other reviewers, our experience resulted in good and friendly service, but less than adequate food quality for the prices charged. While I will continue to visit the Zürich location, I will not eat at the Geneva location anymore, considering the choices of restaurants available.

• Visited July 2012