“DOC pizzas are great”

Pizzeria Ristorante Molino, Molard Geneve
Ranked #322 of 1,678 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Description: Our Pizzeria Ristorante Molino awaits you at the Place du Molard in the heart of the city centre of Geneva. We offer you two floors of typical italian ambiance to enjoy deliciously home-made pizzas, fresh pasta varieties, carefully selected meat and fish dishes as well as an impressive choice of sumptuous desserts. To complement any meal, we also offer an extensive list of wines. Equally we invite you to dine on our large terrace and take delight in watching the on-goings of the beloved Place du Molard while spoiling your taste buds.
Lausanne, Switzerland
“DOC pizzas are great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The DOC pizzas, made of mozarella di buffala, are great. The terrace is nice in summer. But the service is quite slow and not very friendly.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank w0rld-citiz3n

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Geneva, Switzerland
“The other Molino restaurants are better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We often go to the other restaurants in Thonex and La Praille. I sometimes end up at this one when it doesn't look too busy. This one is very below par. The service is absolutely abominable and the waiters are often stressed out.The food can vary tremendously even when several people order the same dish! The menu is vast though and there will be something for everyone...The Molino in Thonex has the best service and most consistent food.

• Visited July 2012
Baden, Switzerland
“Decent food, but not a great experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I normally eat at Molino in Zürich, and thought it would be a good bet to have lunch at their Geneva restaurant. My wife and I found a table outside and were greeted by the waitress right away. She was very friendly, no problems there. I went to use the restrooms, and was very disappointed by the strong urine smell in the Men's room. This was not the best start to a pleasant culinary experience.
I chose a pizza, while my wife chose gnocchi, which was to be prepared in a tomato sauce, with San Daniele prosciutto and truffle. The food arrived in a decent amount of time. My pizza, however, was not hot off the oven. It had obviously sat for a while and had cooled off, definitely a pet peeve for me. It just changes the taste and complexion of the pizza, in my opinion, and resulted in a disappointing experience. My wife's dish was good, but it didn't appear to have prosciutto, but diced ham instead (same animal, but big difference), and there was no hint of truffle whatsoever. You just can't miss the smell and flavor of truffle, and it was definitely absent from the dish. Considering the truffles were the reason my wife chose the dish, that's just bad.
Compared to other reviewers, our experience resulted in good and friendly service, but less than adequate food quality for the prices charged. While I will continue to visit the Zürich location, I will not eat at the Geneva location anymore, considering the choices of restaurants available.

• Visited July 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Good food, but waiters not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Make sure you are not in a hurry. The food and the wine selection is excellent, portions are generous, and the location cannot be beat, but the waiters tend to be a little grumpy at times and service can be on the slow side. Then again, I've sometimes been and I had great service!
Pizzas can also be taken-out.

• Visited November 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good food, nice terrace but unfriendly waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The location is excellent! It is in the famous square in the shopping area, Place du Molard. There are shops all around; an enjoyable place for people watching, too.

The food is average. But the waiter is pretty unfriendly. He kind a ignored our table. When we called him to place an order he was kind a reluctant coming to our table. He repeated the order in an unpleasant tone.

The other thing that bothers is the birds there. They are pretty wild. They are dare enough to get really close to the people and just landed on the tables. They were trying to get nibbles from the food. Once a bird just flew too low too close to a couple and that scared the lady there.

I would still recommend this restaurant though.

Visited June 2012