“Wonderful dinner and experience ”
Review of Fiskebar

Fiskebar
Ranked #3 of 1,867 Restaurants in Geneva
Description: Overlooking the lake, the Fiskebar takes you to northern land. Fiskebar introduces a new Nordic-fusion concept, first of its kind in Geneva. The culinary experience, full of bold flavors, emphasizes on highest quality sea products, organic and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Went to the Fiske bar and everything was just amazing. Culinary discovery, great service and wines. Everything was perfect !

Special mention for :
- the lobster
- the chocolate dessert with the truffles ice cream
- the amazing rhums available on the spirits menu

Pierre L, Directeur général at Fiskebar, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Citylights02,

First of all Happy New Year and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment on your experience at the Fiskebar.

I have shared with the chefs your “special mention” for the lobster and the chocolate dessert, and I must admit that they are two of the most successful items on the menu.
In regards of our spirit selection, we have focused on offering a variety of spirits from all over the world, as well as our home made Aquavit.

We hope to welcome you again quickly at the Fiskebar.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

I’ll only focus on one element of the experience- the Oysters. While the entire evening was remarkable in all respects, the 3 oysters appetizer showed imagination and execution that was godlike. I’ve lived in New Orleans twice and traveled the world. The oyster served in an onion cup was beyond what I thought possible.
This should become a staple for the local populace. If I resided in Geneva I would be here once a week at least.

1  Thank Michael M

Dear Michael,

First of all I would like to wish you a happy New Year and thank you for your praise on our oyster selection. Your comment is heartwarming and this is exactly what we would like to provide as experience to all our guests.

Our chef has worked meticulously to create the perfect balance of texture and taste within each oyster and has created an exceptional culinary trip with all five senses.

We truly hope that you will be back at the Fiskebar and bring along some of your New Orleans friends.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

We had a romantic dinner here on a Thursday night. It was very busy, filled with very chic clientele. We shared the seafood platter, which was so fresh and delicious. Then for mains we had the pork belly and the grilled fish of the day - both outstanding dishes. The staff were so friendly and obliging. Definitely try and start your evening here with a cocktail in the cozy bar, and definitely end your meal with some aquavit and chocolates! It was a great meal in very chic surroundings.

Pierre L, Manager at Fiskebar, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear Lynda,

The whole team would like to thank you for taking the time to type these kind words.

It is our main focus to create memorable experience for our guests and offer mouth watering dishes.

We hope to welcome you again, and enjoy our new dishes as our menu changes according to seasons.

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Experience amazing Nordic food in a classy, but friendly atmosphere! A wonderful evening, excellent food and a trip to the Scandinavia without leaving the shores of Lake Geneva! Highly recommended!

Dear Guest,

The Fiskebar aims to create a unique expereince, by constantly being inspired by the Scandianvian cuisine and atmosphere, and it's with great pleasure that we read your comment.

We are glad to read that you had a wonderful evening.

We hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

I walked into Fiskebar on a Thursday night with no reservation. The maître d' promptly asked my table preference and I was seated within 30 seconds of wandering in.
The ambiance is of modern/country/upscale.
The music reminds me of the lobby of the Edition Hotel in Miami Florida (which fits perfectly with the ambiance).

While waiting for my server, the maître d' ran me through the chefs recommendations and which he thought would be good with the added black truffle (available with all entrees). I ordered my choice of water and wine and dove eagerly into the menu (everything looked delicious). I decided on the raw seafood platter (heavenly) and the Arctic char (divine) and sipped on a delicious white wine from the south of France (the wine menu is extensive).

Looking around everyone was dressed either hip or elegantly. There was a wait staff delicately placing new place settings with white glove and smiling while doing so. The service during the wait for refills of my water was more than superb.

When it came time for the meal, I was blown away. The seafood was so fresh and well presented. The sides flowed elegantly with each bite. I could not wait to get the next one in my mouth.

When it came time for dessert I chose the Hibiscus infused apple served with a celery ice. It was refreshing and perfect for the complementary traditional Swedish aperitif (vodka with anise, and 4 other ingredients that I can't remember: the vodka has now kicked in). I paired it with a glass of Laurent Perrier cuvée rosé and was so satisfied I couldn't wait to get home and write those review.

This is a new restaurant on the scene in Gèneve. RUN to enjoy it.