“crowded”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Gervais Les Bergues
Reviewed December 11, 2012

food is average, on the greasy side, the place is quite crowded, waiters not extremely friendly. not much else to say about it.

3  Thank Tibor M

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Have been going there since the team of the Auberge de Coutance took it over. I've never been disappointed. In the past month I've been there 3 times to have the chase which is really good. Took twice the 'selle de chevreuil' which is cooked in front of you, it's a delight. The duck filet with foie gras was also excellent. We had open wine as they have different choice from most Geneva restaurants.
The service is very friendly. The prices are reasonable for Geneva. Another last good point, it's ideally located mid town within a walking distance from the station or any bus stop.
I can only recommend you to try it, it's worth the experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I got to Geneva on Saturday night. I didn't know everything would be closed on Sunday (my only full day in Geneva), so I am forever thankful that I found L'escalade at 7 p.m. on Saturday. I chose the "Duck Menu" and it was unbelievably good. Not only is it as good as anything I have had in France, but this is supposed to be a "Cafe"==don't be deceived, this chef is a seriously capable cook.
On top of that, the service was efficient AND friendly. And, considering everybody else were clearly locals (greeted with kisses, went out to the kitchen, etc), my level of attention was just right: plus, help with the Geneva Gamay (in a half bottle, just right)--I would go back anytime.

2  Thank Noel T
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Authentic classical french cuisine : Reception, atmosphere, food, service, variety of food, wine, price .... all in one place for customer satisfaction ! Excellent !

1  Thank leoGVA
Reviewed June 3, 2012

...and it's cuisine: seriously hearty meals, classical French, so to speak. If that's what you're craving, head here for great service, classical food (and enough of it), a varied menu and one of the best "plat du jour" (lunch special) in town.