“Reservation required”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rues-Basses Longemalle
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Café du Centre is an institution in Geneva. Not only does it change its "carte" with every season, has an extremely attractive seafood counter and serves excellent wines, but the service is consistently good (though sometimes a bit "tongue in cheek") and having a terrace seat at Place Molard takes you to the heart of historic Geneva. As many traditional places, Café du Centre has had a mixed history, but right now it is on a high and therefore: reservation required. Last night (a Monday) was a full house. If you like a "brasserie" atmosphere, reserve in the "café", the part next to its is more modern and "dressy".

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I received this restaurant as a recommendation from 10Best.com. Boy, was it a great evening. The food was absolutely incredible. There were four of us. We had two orders of the scallops, one of the perch and one sea bass. Our plates were completely clean by the end of the meal. We also had the lemon sorbet and the chocolate cake to end the meal. The wine was wonderful. Plus, the service was wonderful. Our waiter was funny and eager to please. He was working hard and always gave us the best of the best service. A memorable meal!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were never disappointed by food at the Cafe du Centre (except when the chef decided to go for his own french fries; glad to see today that the "real" fries are back!). Typical menu of a french brasserie with excellent fish, shellfish and meat dishes. Don't miss the mussels season!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Today we visited this cafe in the central part of Geneve. It is not very respectable restaurant awarded Michelin's stars like some others in Geneve. But you can enjoy fresh and good seafood there without reservation. The cafe is big with many seats. Food is coocked quickly, but waiters are not so quick. Sometimes I poured our wine myself. But it wasn't hard for me. At whole we had best feelings after our visit of this cafe. Oysters and Lobster with rice were very tasty.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Cafe du Centre is located at a "must go" area in Geneva and it is a good option for tourists or locals who wish for a nice meal but does not have much time to search or get out of the centre.

I had a business lunch in summer, the place was packed and the service was terrible. I am not saying it took long to get serviced or anything, because "slow food" is usual in Switzerland. I am talking about how the waiters treated us, they clearly were not prepared to have the restaurant full and commited many errors not just with us but with tables: dropping fornks and knives on the floor, almost dropping food over me when serving too quickly and the worst: the waiter cut himself opening the wine and had did not want at first to change the bottle, leaving a bloddy bottle on my table!!!