“Very, very nice”

Mortimer
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Mortimer is in a lovely situation in the Old town, near the Lutheran church. It is a fabulous place to pop into for a coffee, especially on a summer afternoon on the terrace. The food is excellent, the service is efficient. However, if you want to get in there on a lunchtime, you might have to book or get there early. On Thursdays and Fridays it seems to be the Hub of Geneva businessmen (girls .... if you're looking for a banker, lawyer or politician ....) as well as the many tourists who walk up into the old town.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We ate here and had the plat du jour which was a Deer Steak with pepper sauce, it was amazing! Paid aprox 30 chf and worth every penny.will definately be returning.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

After inspecting a few menus in the old town, my wife and I chose to eat at Mortimer, and we were not disappointed in the least. The ambiance was French bistro style, and very pleasant. My entree came with a mesclun salad, which was very good, simple, but very tasty. I chose steak for my entree, which came with allumettes-style fries (thin fries) and my wife originally chose a dish prepared with a local fish from Lac Leman, but was told the dish was sold out, so she chose the Daurade. The quality and service were excellent. The server was an older gentleman, who was quite joyous, perhaps one of the owners, and he attended to our every need.
Overall, with the candle light, the great setting and ambiance, the pleasant service and great food, it was a very enjoyable meal, very romantic, and I would certainly eat there again! Enjoy!

1  Thank Chefsprive
Reviewed April 8, 2012

in the old town, either for a cup of coffee or drinks, or for a delicious dinner, one could always stop in here. Lunch time is packed by lawyers!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've now lunched a few times at Mortimer, smack in the heart of the old city in Geneva. Every time has been a nice surprise. Surprisingly, I've chosen the had the luncheon special (plat du jour), as it was always both tempting and reasonably priced, in the 20-odd Swiss francs range. The quality of the food was always impeccable, well prepared and in decent quantity. Service was speedy, efficient and smiling. The experience felt like somewhat of a bargain in what is one of the the most expensive cities in the world. I will return there with pleasure and I hope this review does not lead to higher prices....