“Such a gem to find!”

Milan
Ranked #26 of 1,716 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "MILAN" Restaurant in Geneva is not a 3 stars Michelin. We are just an Elegant Italian "Brasserie" working with the best ingredients to elaborate great dishes. Our mission is to give the best time possible to our guests while eating at le Milan. Dress code casual but no shorts, no flip flops! No baby strollers! For the comfort of all, we do not accept children under the age of 4. Thank you for your understanding! Milan is the oldest Restaurant in Geneva! For a century, le "Milan" delivers exquisite gourmet Italian dishes. This is the first Italian Restaurant in Geneva opened in 1910 by Carlo Carugati. Our specialties, spaghetti vongole, escalope milanese (elephant ear), sea bass in zucchini crust, homemade raviolis and risottos, calf liver, fresh homemade pasta with organic eggs from free-range chicken. One of the best Entrecote & Filet Mignon in town. Dessert specialties, Rhum baba & Crème brulée, ice cream, sorbets. Perfect setting for a romantic dinner, business lunch or dinner.
“Such a gem to find!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

In geneva alone for the night, feel like something delicious to eat. Need relaxed atmosphere, quiet, not over the top romantic, great food and understanding waiters as I don't speak their language .... Milan! Amazing in all ways, food, service, atmosphere and complete understanding! Thank you:)

Daniel G, Owner at Milan, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Tammy, thank you for your nice review. I'm very happy to hear you had a beautiful evening. I know it not always easy to eat alone in a restaurant far from home. It's always a pleasure to make sure our guests are happy and do not feel lonely. A restaurant is not only about good food, it's also about taking care or our guest. I'm glad our team did everything possible to make your evening a good and fun time.
All the best,
Daniel

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Amazing meal”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Fantastic meal. There were three of us eating and we all had something different. The vongole is to die for. According to my colleagues their meals were equally fantastic. In fact the Canelloni was such a generous portion it couldn't be finished. Staff very attentive but not intrusive. Reasonably priced as well for Geneva. Would definitely return.

Dear Danny,
Thank you for your nice review. I'm very happy you had a good time at Le Milan. We really appreciate the time you take to write your comments. Thanks again and we are hoping to see you soon!
Sincerely, Daniel
London, United Kingdom
“Good clams”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Liked the Italian food. Loved the clams!! definitely try that! It was expensive ( as expected). Service was slow but the atmosphere great!
What I did not like was the fact that since we were out of Euros..the Restaurant was not ready to accept pounds easily. The card machine was broken down so my credit card was not accepted. After a lot of argument..italian style ;)...The manager accepted the pounds from us to pay for the bill! Did not expect this in Geneva. However the food was great so no complaints! Might come back...on my next trip to Geneva.

• Visited June 2012
Dear Praveen,
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you appreciated your night at Le Milan. Normally the service is not slow but this is also depending on the big tables around. We promise to do even better next time. I'm hoping to see you soon with a credit card machine that works just perfect now :) All the best, Daniel
Israel
“We came to eat there night after night”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We sat out side
Excellent food and very good service
We have a salad and pasta and win and the food is top quality
Frshly done

• Visited August 2012
Daniel G, Owner at Milan, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your nice comments! We are pleased that you enjoyed this evening at Le Milan. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you again in our restaurant. Daniel
Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding Dining”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I were in Geneva last week and had an incredible dinner here - in fact the best we had the entire 8 day trip through Geneva, Vevey, and Rome. The food was very fresh - local herbs and vegetables as well as pasta. The owner was very friendly and present during the service. We split a caprese and the cheese was delicious! I asked for my pasta dish to be moderately spicy and that's exactly what I got. My husband had filet and it was done as ordered and was juicy and tender. Wine recommendations were great as well. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
Daniel G, Owner at Milan, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Joan,
It was a real pleasure to serve and please you during your trip in Europe. We take a very special care of each guest and do everything possible to please your every need.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your dinning at le Milan. Thanks for your great review and we wish you all the best, Daniel Grangier