“Medicore food with bad service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: European, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Geneva, Switzerland
“Medicore food with bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

While the food is not bad (we had chateaubriand) it's not special either. Considering the restaurant specialises in meat dishes, the quality of the steaks is disappointing. But it's the service and the attitude which really let the place down. The waiter made us feel like we are a hassle for him and the food took over an hour to arrive even though the restaurant was half empty. In no point during the evening were we made feel welcome.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Scott_Zelda

“Mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

As for a restaurant specializing in meat the quality of food was very very poor! The service is fine but the value for money is definitely not enough to recommend a visit there :(

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bartosz Z
Warsaw, Poland
“Great food and Swiss wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was a great experience after a disappointing meal in a different restaurant on a previous night. I am a huge stake and wine fan. To be honest relying on the tripadvisor comments I would not go there. I read them after the dinner and was surprised of the volume of negativity. I definitely can recommend it!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Geneva, Switzerland
“This is not what I expect for Meat experts”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wow, how disapointing.
The Meet cuts were not very good, poor quality, chewy and rubbers.
We had a party of 4 and one person was happy with their 'Entercote'.
But when you pay about +/-$60- per person you would expect them all to be better quality.
Further the services was asleep.
I should have guessed this place was not good when we went at 8pm/20h and only one table was occupied, out of over 100.
We should have gone for a pizza.

Visited October 2013
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
“Meat lover's paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have eaten at La Boucherie 4 times - all using Groupon. The meat is always fresh and the wine (good wine list) not abusively overpriced. I'd like to complement one particular waiter, who despite my repeated use of Groupon, have always been exceedingly welcoming.

However last night we were served by another waiter, who seemed to give less attention Groupon customers. My request for plain tap water (we did order wine after all) took a very very long time, and came in a very small jug.

Tap water is good for the economy, good for the environment and good for health and encourages us to tip better. I have made it a point that waiters who refuse to serve me water will get a very small tip. I understand this may be restaurant policy, so attention owners: If we buy wine, please do not deny us tap water.

• Visited June 2013