“Very Good and A Lot of Food”
Review of Mosaique

Mosaique
Ranked #113 of 1,870 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: James-Fazy
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Went there on a Wednesday night with a friend of mine. The place was relatively empty sans for a group of two British men.

We were warmly welcomed by the owner (?) who quickly sat us and asked what we wanted to drink. There are no menus at Mosaique-they simply have chicken, beef, lamb, and a vegetarian option. All options come with unlimited injera.

I selected the vegetarian option, which was made up of lentils, salad with EVOO, and sautéed spinach. My friend selected the chicken, which also came with a side of lentils, salad, and spinach. Everything was really tasty and plentiful, and my request for more injera was happily fulfilled.

The place started to fill up as time went on, and I noticed that some people had made reservations and several tables were reserved.

A word of caution: this place is "cheap" only by Geneva standards. In addition to our meals, me and my friend both had a bottle of Pellegrino. In NYC, our meal would probably cost around 15 USD.

Our meal was around 45 CHF, which is roughly 45 USD. Definitely not a "cheap eat", although I suppose it is in Geneva, where eating out is technically a luxury.

1  Thank matkor1994

Reviewed January 28, 2017

Simple restaurant, simple menu, good service, traditionnal though not as spicy as in the country. Good portions

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

This is a straightforward, family run Ethiopian restaurant with fantastic, tasty, basic food. If you want fancy fine dining don't come here. If you want delicious food at very reasonable prices with friendly casual service, then definitely come here. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed September 21, 2016

the venue is not really nice, it's really basic. But the food is very good and the price also. So I recommend it warmly! Though I would not go for a romantic soirée ;)

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

the ethioian food served in the restaurant is so tasty. for ariund 20chf per person u can enjoy a full meal. the place is 5 minutes walk from the train the station. enjoy