“Fast elevators, decent breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Plaza Biel

Mercure Plaza Biel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Biel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stuttgart, Germany
“Fast elevators, decent breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Central location but we got in late and really didn't get a chance to walk around since we were enroute to another location. The room was small, but clean. The bathroom was small, but the water pressure was good. There were 2 elevators and I thought that it might be crazy with so many people coming and going in the hotel, but the elevators were SPEEDY (first time I've ever seen that in a European hotel!) so we weren't inconvenienced at all. The hotel bar/restaurant is ok for a set dinner that our group ordered. I might like to have tried something different if we stayed another night. Breakfast options were decent and included yogurts, orange juice or fruit juice, fresh fruit, scrambled egg, bacon, sausages, fresh bread rolls & machine coffee. I wish I could say more about this hotel, but we didn't stay long. I might try this location again for the right price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mercureplaza, Manager at Mercure Plaza Biel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Ilona Gloor, Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Eire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice Rooms, kept clean, bath/shower combination in ensuite. Breakfast included yogurts, orange juice or fruit juice mix, fresh oranges, scrambled egg, rashers/bacon, sausages, fresh bread rolls & machine coffee.

Easy to find central location next to the river/canal. Within approx 10mins to the night life/restaurants. Approx 12mins from the train station.

Checkin was a bit slow as there were a lot of people checking in (even in the evening!) and there was only 1 guy working the desk.

Only complaint is they moved my stuff while i was out of the hotel without telling me, I thought I was locked out or the key card was broken. Luckily I hadn't unpacked! Had to go and get a new key card for my new room where my stuff was relocated. The second room was fine also.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mercureplaza, Manager at Mercure Plaza Biel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Bienne Biel. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the waiting and the room changing problems and and prevent future occurrence.

Ilona Gloor
Assistant Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I satyed 1 Night in a Twin Bed room. The room is big and it has a balcony. There is free wifi service provided. There is also a sauna and gym.The breakfast buffet at level 1 was a spread. Overall, nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Plaza Biel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Ilona Gloor
Assistant Manager
Pasco, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here in a group, which the hotel managed quite well. The staff are very accommodating, and I liked the room. The bed was very comfy. Outlets were easily available to recharge my stuff. I can't say the same for the bathroom, however. The shower was very slippery without grab bars, and as others have noted, there wasn't much room to mount and dismount the porcelain throne.
The breakfast buffet was the best on my two week trip in 7 hotels.
For me it was as good as Mercure usually are -- I'm sure the plumbing issues are not easily alleviated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am a platinum member of Accorhotel and after my request got an upgrade to a junior suite. Very satisfied. There is also sauna and fitness free of charge. Room service is also free. Very good breakfasts.

Room Tip: Show your membership card.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've been here for the third time.

Knowing that Biel offer is not wide this time, alone, I was again in this hotel.

I chose an individual room: WRONG.

The bed is fine but accessible only from one of two the sides. However is big enough I have to say.

The room is bit small but enough in space but the bathroom... Come on! No space for the legs once seated in the white throne! The shower is small and without curtain, result: bathroom flooded after the shower. The thermal control of the shower is giving wrong numbers. If you choose 35 degrees you will be roasted as a duck. 20 or 22 (which probably is 35-38) is the right choice.

A red lamp for heating the bathroom is idiotic, much more if you consider that after a minutes it switches off automatically.

The other times I've been I enjoyed double rooms with much more space.

All the hotel is a bit outdated, but clean. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly what make things much much easier.

The restaurant is pretty much ok.

I will repeat but making sure they give me the right room

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Creudelsud
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biel
Art Deco Hotel Elite
Hotel Metropol Biel
Hotel Metropol Biel
#6 of 11 in Biel
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Beaulac

Been to Mercure Plaza Biel? Share your experiences!