“Biz Trip in Biel”

Mercure Plaza Biel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Biel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel Staff is very friendly. A lot better then expected. The question which remains usually after a biz trip, would you stay there again or recommend it to a friend. the answer will be a double yes.

There were some issues with the quietness of the room. More to it further below.

Room Tip: it probably depends what room you get. However I heard my next door neighbour doing his thing... ...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Mercure Plaza Biel

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A nice hotel well situated in the center of Biel. The hotel is not brand new but well maintained.
Nice and service minded employees.
The rooms could be more exciting but they are clean and tidy.
Simple but sufficient breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was a good stay, clean room, excelent service.

Restaurant was just ok, not to many options. They had a kind of pizza with different cheeses, bacon and ham, it was very good (don't remember how they call it).

Rooms are a little bit old, but still good.

TV services has not many channels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Located near old town and shopping district. Rooms were spacious and clean. Service was good and staff was friendly. A bit pricey at chf150/night. But for the comfort a good night's rest, it was worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am in 2 minds writing this review. I am sure I would have given the hotel a better rating if I had had a better room.
On arrival reception staff was friendly. Hotel has underground parking which is convenient (but spaces are very tight).
Room was a nice size as was the bathroom. Unfortunately the view from my window was onto someones back door/emergency exit and it was obviously used as a smoking area so it felt that I had no privacy and needed to keep the curtains drawn. Also my room was next to the lift which the noise from it kept waking me up in the night.
The internet access was good.
For breakfast there are 2 options - buffet at CHF20 per head of the CHF7 for coffee, croissant and orange juice.
Location is good for the town centre.
Would I go back? Yes - as long as I had a better room.

Room Tip: Don't have a room beside the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mercureplaza, Manager at Mercure Plaza Biel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear customer,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments are of a high value for us, as we consider them an important tool to help us maintaining or improving the quality of our services if needed.

I am sorry to read about your disappointment regarding the view from your window and, in this regard, I wish to inform you that we have renovated rooms, which provide a better standard. We would be happy to guide you and make any good suggestion to you about your next stay with us. Should you have any other question or request, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Once again thank you for your valuable time and looking forward to welcoming you soon in Biel, I remain,

with best regards.

Véronique Lusci, Assistant Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My initial review of the Mercure Plaza Biel, following my visit of March 2011, might have been a bit harsh (3 stars only). Since then, I have returned to the Mercure Plaza Biel 5 days in October 2012, and 2 days most recently in February 2013.

The parking garage is still hard to access (need to double-park, run into the hotel, and get the remote from someone at reception, and return the remote, as there is only 1 for the entire hotel), but the end of construction means that driving to the garage is now much easier.

So the irritants are still there, but so are also all the positives that I noticed on my first 2-night initial stay. And, when one stays for many days, these positives really come to the fore. The most important of these positives is the great can-do service attitude, be it at the restaurant or reception.

So, having tried a few other hotels in 2011 and 2012, I will probably stay at the Mercure Plaza Biel on all future visits, thus warranting a revised 4-star note.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mercureplaza, Directeur général at Mercure Plaza Biel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear guest,
I am really pleased to read your comments about our hotel. I would like to thank you first of all for your sincerity and transparency about your different stays in our establishment.
We are working on our weaknesses that you mentioned and will share your comments with my team about our service. It's the heart of our mission and we are all doing our best everyday to give you this important wellbeing staying with us. I am so happy that our aim has been reached.
Finally, thank you very much for your fidelity to our hotel. I hope we can meet next time to share your impressions around a coffee or a glass of wine at our bar!
Best Regards, Céline Gsponer

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was here overnight and found this a good price-quality ratio.
The room I had was spacious as was the bathroom and the windows were very well soundproofed so I heard no noise from the road below.
For a four star hotel I found it a bit shabby.
However the price being closer to what one expects from a 3-star in Switzerland, I felt that was ok.
Overall a very pleasant and relaxing experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biel
Art Deco Hotel Elite
Hotel Metropol Biel
Hotel Metropol Biel
#7 of 11 in Biel
Hotel Schloessli Ipsach

Been to Mercure Plaza Biel? Share your experiences!