“Great Experience for Locavores”
Review of Restaurant Rablus

Restaurant Rablus
Ranked #20 of 156 Restaurants in Biel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience for Locavores”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

A spectacular setting in an historic building on the beautiful Lac de Bienne. Highly professionally run, family-owned restaurant with service standards fully up to high Swiss standards. Certainly one of the best spots to experience the classic local combination of fresh lake fish and varied wines from the surrounding vineyards. Rablus is a distinctive dining experience that will appeal to any locavore traveler when in the Jura Bernois region. A walk around the beautiful village setting after dinner is also well worthwhile.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kevin H

Manila, Philippines
“Lovely view, good food”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch here. The view of the lake is nice to gaze on while having one's meal. I had the surf and turf- a small steak and fish. The steak was not medium as I had requested but the whole plate in general was tasty. My friend had the Swiss version of Fish and Chips- fried fish served with a homemade tartare sauce and French fries with paprika. For dessert, we both had a coffee ice cream. This was refreshing. The total bill for 2 people with 2 glasses of wine, 2 main courses, 2 desserts and a bottle of water came to 105 Francs. This did not surprise me. After all, I am in Switzerland, one of the most expensive countries in the world.

I would return there if I had the opportunity.

• Visited June 2014
Biel, Switzerland
“BEST FISH IN BIENNE”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I go here once in a while and this is by far the best lake fish restaurant in Bienne.
The restaurant is a bit " has been " but the food and service is really really good !!
The cherry on the cake ? the home made mayonnaise with your fish and fries...TO DIE FOR IT !!!

• Visited July 2013