“Great food and top service in an excellent location”

Ristorante Pizzeria Rialto
Ranked #12 of 136 Restaurants in Thun
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Tasty Italian food (we had pizza, pasta and risotto) and the service was outstanding. Highly recommend it when visiting the charming town of Thun.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank EduCamardelli

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Good Pizzas and Salads this later on a fine House Dressing. To the contrary what I have read here claiming portions are too small, if you order Salads and/or Pizzas the portions in my view are generous. In fact the portions are so big that I could have easily shared my meal with a companion bringing the cost down to approximate Sfr. 20-25 per person including a total of 2 soda drinks. Its a Pizza place, so maybe you are at the wrong place if you start ordering some of their other countless dishes they have.... Stick to Salads and Pizzas, and you can have a nicel meal at a very decent price if you order one of each to share among two (2). Shortcomings: No internet...

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank walterh979
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

On arriving in Thun we found the majority of dining to be Italian followed by Chinese. We ate here on our last day in Thun and found the pizza to be very good. We both had a mixed salad followed by a small pizza. Toppings were adequate and fresh.
We sat outside by the river.

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank September1981
Reviewed August 7, 2017

We stayed at the Frienhof Hotel at the end of June & we're very pleased to discover this restaurant just across the road which made a brilliant alternative to hotel dining.The staff were not only very efficient & responsive but also amusing & charming.We ate here twice - the first time having delicious pizza made in the show kitchen pizza oven.On the second occasion my husband had a beef stroganoff which he thoroughly enjoyed whilst I had lamb.I asked for it to be cooked pink which it was, & it was extremely tender & succulent with a beautifully flavoured seasoning - possibly the best lamb dish that I've ever eaten!We also had indulgent puddings,very naughty.Would definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: June 2017
3  Thank Joy J
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We went to Rialto for lunch. My son ordered a pizza, my wife ravioli, and I got chicken with vegetables. My portion was both expensive and tiny. For nearly 30 francs, I shouldn't have been hungry afterwards. However, the quality was high--just small. My wife said her portion was perfect, however, she is under 100 lbs.

My son's pizza was lovely, cooked in a wood-fired brick oven.

Water was around 5 francs, which is unfortunately the norm for these parts.

I understand that restaurants don't want to waste food. This is often the argument for reduced portions. To me, this feels more like rationing than dining. In my opinion, restaurants should offer a portion substantial enough so that a grown man doesn't need to gorge on the bread basket to be satiated. I recommend Rialto only if you are looking for small portions of quality food in Thun.

Date of visit: July 2017