Congress Hotel Seepark
$218
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotelsuitable for familiesmodern designbusiness meetingthun laketrain stationbeautiful lakeminute walkexcellent locationsaunafacilitiesmountainsminibarwalkable
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed only one night, because we went to see the Musical at the Thuner Seefestspiele. The double rooms are rather small, but newly renovated and nice. Without telling the Hotel I took my son along and we were 3 persons to share - the receptionist was very flexible and kind as the Hotel was booked out and the three of us could stay in a double room.
Careful, there is no real Access to the lake, so Swimming is not really that nice. I figured from the picutres, that this would be possible.
What annoyed me was the expensive dinner. They had a theatre menu which included a one-way shuttle for 68 Swiss Francs. For a glass of red wine (Rioja) we payed 16 Swiss Francs !! After the dinner - we started at 5:45 pm and the whole service took almost 2 hours - we wanted to take the shuttle. I arrived no Minute early at the Musical. Having only 3 parties and we were eating the menu they suggested, the Service was unprofessional and all in a rush. There is room for improvement - especially with a bill of 400 Chf for dinner only.

Room Tip: The Rooms near the street are noisy, as there is some traffic in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've now stayed in this hotel on and off for the past 4 years. The view from the restaurant is so heavenly, I'm actually pleased to get up out of bed and have breakfast every morning! They have an excellent wellness spa, which every time I've been, has been empty; fun kayaks which you can hire free of charge to go out on the lake; free powered bikes to ride around town; and a very fun bowling alley.

The staff are very friendly and now all acknowledge me personally, and although this is not a cosy hotel (geared towards business), I can thoroughly recommend staying in the suites as they are modern and spacious.

By far the best hotel in Thun.

Room Tip: I would only stay in the suites as the standard rooms do look a little small.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here three time. Wonderful staff, nice hotel AND dogs are allowed!! The prices are too high for my taste, but it is Switzerland. This time (last week) I stayed there again, but got a very small room. I made the reservation months ago, so it's not that they had to cram me in.

Again, the staff was wonderful, the room a real disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

To be fair let's start with the advantages:
-beautiful location, wonderful view
-great wellness aera, even though "undressing stage" is very poorly translated and should be "naked aera"!
-excellent breakfast buffet, high quality products
- city bikes and electro bikes for free use

Now the down sides:

-very unflexible staff, starting with the receptionists, they don't try to accomodate you as best they can. After seing the room with a queen size bed, we asked to change for 2 single beds: the process took a good 5 minutes (she basically just had to punch the new room number on our cards) , and AFTER it was done, she smiled a sadistic smile at us and said "by the way, it will be a surcharge of 50 swiss francs!" We thought she had gotten mad but she was dead serious! The prices are already so expensive and we have never paid a surcharge like this anywhere else!
-very uncomfortable beds, get ready to bounce about all night if your partner just moves a toe! It feels like a trampoline, which isn't much fun at 3am!
-ask for a room on the garden, ours were facing the parking lot and it was noisy!
-beware of the canoos, they are dangerous!
- beautiful terrasse outside the breakfast room that we weren't allowed to use despite the splendid weather. We had to sit inside because apparently, it wasn't convenient for the staff to bring coffee outside! Thumbs up for the flexibility!
-don't go if you don't speak swiss german. No other newspapers than swiss german ones!
-reception is understaffed, receptionist is alone most of time, so customers have to wait and wait! Check-out took about 20 minutes!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Paminaarra
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is professional, the environment is excellent. All employees are kind and having friendly approach. The "Swiss sauna" is just like excellent - calm, lots of additional services and very clean. The food is fabulous. The view from the shore is overwhelming the turquoise color of the water is indescribable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo