“Foods are great, music is definitely too loud”

Desperado Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #363 of 555 Restaurants in Bern
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I always enjoy my meals from Desperado, i would say their nachos is the best in town!!! The only problem is that music is always very loud. I like music as long it s pleasant to listen, otherwise it will just ruin my dinner-mood.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I just returned from a visit to Bern and had dinner at Desperado. I had the Fajitas which was really excellent. I noticed that some other people had steaks and burgers which looked equally good. I would certainly recommend this restaurant although it´s a bit expensive although most restaurants in Bern are fairly expensive.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

...always called either "Desperado", "Cactus" or "Mexicano"? I can't imagine why such a terrible lack of imagination - after all everyone knows about Mexican food. Even Indian restaurants try for a larger palette. Well anyway, enough ranting: despite the unimaginative name, the food here is truly excellent and tasty, for Switzerland anyway. I won't bore you with the details: the usual enchiladas, tortillas, tacos, etc., but it's reasonably priced (again, unusually, for a Mexican place in Switzerland), the service isn't particularly good nor particularly bad... all in all it's a nicely decorated, loud, happy place to come for dinner.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

There is nothing that I didn't like about Desperado.
1. The food and drinks were great.
2. The service is great.
3. Portions are generous and yummy :)
4. Ambiance, oh what do I say about that, it is a really really fun place to hangout with friends. Its crowded. And why wouldn't people flock to a place where to get to have an amazing time while having yummy food. It was a diner's birthday when we went to dine there, and they played a really fun "Happy Birthday" song for the birthday baby.
5. Our friends who took us to Desperado said, that it is one those very few places in Bern that are open till very late in the night.

I had a great time.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am at a loss to understand why this Swiss-Tex-Mex seems so popular. Generous portions and an extensive cocktail and tequila list do not compensate for mediocre food (supermarket starters), seriously overpriced - even by Swiss standards - drinks, inept wait-staff, uncomfortable seating and a faded decor. Even the jalapeno lacked any real spicy pep.