“disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I took visitors to the City here for a lunch, the service was excellent, the setting great and though we wanted a small lunch and the menu was rather set for a larger lunch we managed to find something we wanted, I love vegetables so choose the "millefeuille" of spinach and courgettes expecting a dish made up in layers of spinach, courgettes and maybe fine dough and cheese. I got a HUGE blob of spinach covered in a huge BLOB of cheese surrounded by roughly cut courgettes on the side of the plate. I am not kidding when I say this had once been 1.5kg of spinach ( before it was frozen). I expected more from a restaurant with this cachet and will not return nor recommend because this is no fine cuisine at all...

Reviewed April 6, 2013

True Italian tastes, good wines and very friendly staff. The restaurant has a cosy and intimate atmosphere and can certaily be recommended.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you happen to visit Verdi, ask for José Gutiérrez. All his suggestions were good. A salad that was not in the menu, the bottle of Primitivo wine and the Veal Bistecca, cooked to perfection. When we asked them about some other good restaurants in the area, he pointedly suggested a spanish owned that was close by and we tried after with very pleasant results. Definitely, José is a guy whon deserves to be trusted.

1  Thank itsok4me
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Used to be very impressed enjoyed eating here, however the quality has gone down, not only with the services but the food as well.
Last time we were there the food was cold and not even near cooked. We went it back to the kitchen.
As well as taking more 15min to odder and then another 45min to get your starter. We were the last ones in the restaurant due to the fact that it took so long.
The staff started cleaning and spraying cleaning liquated around while we were eating dessert. As they have a meat slicer that they use which stands in the restaurant.

It was a business dinner and we were very disappointed with the services we wrote a letter to the restaurant explaining what had happened which in turn we revived an apologue letter from management which we thought was fitting

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I came across this restaurant while wandering around the city on a snowy day. As it was so cold, i decided to have a hot meal. As it was nearly 1.30pm, other patrons were finishing their lunch.

Staff are friendly but speak very little English. I ordered a deep fried turkey with parmesean with pasta in a tomato sauce. After the first bite, i realise the turkey was not thoroughly cooked and the waitress without any hesitation took my dish away. it was a long wait so i thought they are doing a fresh dish for me, instead after 15 mins wait, they just reheated my first plate. I was extremely shocked to see this! Why did it take them that long just to heat up my dish?! Originally, the pasta had a lot more sauce but it was drier when it turned up the 2nd time. Although the pasta did taste good but the whole experience just put me off.

1  Thank EuropeanJ